Kevin Pang sent six months eating cheeseburgers, and he's sharing his hard-earned expertise with his fellow meat-eaters. From the Chicago Tribune:
- Cheese: Just say no to feta, bleu, or brie.
- Condiments: Skip the ketchup and mustard; head directly for the mayo.
- Bun: Yes, there is a taste difference between toasted and untoasted. Opt for toasted, preferably buttered.
- Toppings: Make sure to pair correctly—for example, bacon with American cheese or mushrooms with Swiss. Leave lettuce and tomatoes off entirely.
- Fast food:: Steak ‘n Shake and Schoop’s tie for the best.
- Chain restaurants:: Red Robin’s A1 Peppercorn style wins.
- Kobe: The only thing this really means is that the burger will cost $5 more.
- Fries: Go for the ones made in beef tallow, not duck fat.
For the complete list, click the link at right.