Drawing on the Smoking Gun’s collection of concert riders, Sam Greenspan of 11points.com offers a list of the 11 craziest demands made by rappers:
- DMX: Three boxes of condoms and a gallon of Hennessy—that’s anywhere from $300 to $800 worth of cognac.
- Public Enemy: Kosher food—odd, because “Public Enemy is famously associated with anti-Semitism”—and a bucket of KFC.
- Jay-Z: Must be picked up in a black Maybach 57 or 62, which is sort of like “He-Man demanding to be picked up by a giant, talking, green tiger.”
- Bow Wow: Goes out of his way to forbid rotary phones. “They should also make sure to specify that he needs a car (no horse-and-buggy or steam locomotive).”
- Queen Latifah: A 12-piece bucket of KFC—but, the rider notes, this “is not considered dinner.”
For the complete list, click the link at right.