You rarely see Carrot Top or Gallagher anymore, but showbiz is still full of guys who just aren’t funny. Sarah Bell of Newsweek points out the worthiest tomato targets:
- Larry the Cable Guy: A really, really poor man’s Jeff Foxworthy, minus any actual jokes.
- Carlos Mencia: Makes a living mocking mentally handicapped people and “beaners.” Dave Chappelle, he ain’t.
- Howie Mandel: Probably funny once, “but it’s hard to preserve your comedic edge when your day job is pretending to use a stupid prop telephone to call a silhouette.”
- Dane Cook: He’s spread himself too thin and now seems “more intent on coining fratty catchphrases than honing his talent.”
- Jay Leno: He’s charming, and he’s nice, but his show is “profoundly unfunny.” Sometimes we charity laugh, though. “We have to—it’s Uncle Jay.”
- Jeff Dunham: Sorry, ventriloquism peaked sometime during the Eisenhower administration.