The latest annoying trend on Facebook isn’t people who write in all caps or insist on using “ur” instead of “your”—it’s parents. Babble runs down the five most annoying types:
- Obsessives: If you absolutely have to post a sonogram picture, fine. But must you post 74? The same goes for every delightful stage of your child’s life.
- Zen masters: Parenting is such a joy, and the love of a child is just the most beautiful thing ever, right? Shut it.
- Braggers: Unless we’re members of your immediate family, we probably don’t care that Junior took his first steps weeks ahead of schedule.
- Whiners: We also don’t care that your tot is keeping you up at night, and we really don’t want to hear about any woes having to do with bodily fluids.
- Hipsters: Even if you’re not posting constant baby updates, the "cool" parent’s constant concert updates are just as irritating.