40% Bare Is How Women Best Attract Men
But too much flesh smacks of infidelity
By Mary Papenfuss, Newser Staff
Posted Nov 19, 2009 4:36 AM CST
Megan Fox, a cast member in "Jennifer's Body," arrives at a fan event for the film in Los Angeles, Wednesday, Sept. 16, 2009.   (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)

(Newser) – Researchers have discovered that women who bare 40% of their body are the most effective at attracting males. Female scientists studied women at a popular nightclub, and placed percentage values on how much skin they exposed. A bare arm counted for 10%, a leg 15% and so on. They found that women who bared 40% of their bodies were twice as effective at attracting men than women who covered up. Women who bared more flesh also fared much worse at attracting men, reports the Telegraph.

Researchers theorized that showing too much flesh may alienate men because it suggests infidelity. “Any more than 40 per cent and the signal changes from ‘allure’ to one indicating general availability and future infidelity," warned the lead researcher.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 22 comments
Rocket448
Nov 21, 2009 5:22 AM CST
Well, see, people looking for mates during WWII had been raised properly by parents with 19th Century values. Which included racism, don't forget. Things change. And yes, two legs = 30% and two arms = 20% which taken together = 50%. I'm trying to imagine the way a 40% outfit looks.
bewilderbeast
Nov 20, 2009 9:48 AM CST
Just goes to show: We need these scientific surveys (should come with pics).
bewilderbeast
Nov 20, 2009 9:46 AM CST
Right on, Alks. Whosoever shall whip them out goes up to 100%* (and some of 'em - bless them - even know that). *Even if their arms are covered.