Al-Qaeda Claims Deadly Baghdad Blasts
'List of targets has no end,' terrorists warn
By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff
Posted Dec 10, 2009 4:00 AM CST
Gen. Abboud Qanbar, commander of the Baghdad Operations Command, inspects the site of a bomb attack near the new Finance Ministry building in Baghdad earlier this week.   (AP Photo/Hadi Mizban)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – An al-Qaeda affiliated group has claimed responsibility for the bombs that killed 127 people in Baghdad this week, and warned that many more attacks are on the way. A statement from the group said the coordinated suicide car bombings targeted the "bastions of evil and dens of apostates," AP reports. The group said it's determined to uproot the Iraqi government.

 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
0%
0%
100%
0%
0%
0%