Mumbai Gunman Recants Confession Kasab says he was framed, tortured By Rob Quinn, Newser Staff Posted Dec 18, 2009 4:42 AM CST 2 comments Comments A gunman, who was later identified as Mohammed Ajmal Kasab walks at the Chatrapathi Sivaji Terminal railway station in Mumbai, India. (AP Photo/Sebastian D'souza/Mumbai Mirror, File) (Newser) – The only surviving suspect from last year's Mumbai terror attacks has withdrawn his confession, saying police tortured it out of him. Mohammed Kasab—who was photographed carrying an assault rifle at a railway station during the attacks—told an Indian court that he was framed by police who arrested him weeks before the attacks. "I do not know what has happened," the Pakistani citizen told the court. "Witnesses have come and recognized me because my face looks similar to the terrorists." Kasab, who has been linked to the attacks that killed 166 people through DNA and fingerprint evidence as well as photographs and security camera footage, could face the death penalty if found guilty on all charges.