Losing weight isn't a race, and getting to the finish line isn't as important as staying there. "Today" show nutritionist Joy Bauer recommends giving a wide berth to these six fads:
- Diets that promote or promise drastic weight loss.
- Diets that rely on supplements or lotions.
- Diets that radically change the way you eat.
- Diets that call for eating less than 1,000 calories per day.
- Diets that claim to be "effortless."
- Diets that eliminate certain food groups or focus on only a few foods.