Fed-Up Americans Not Wowed by Sarah Palin: Poll
71% believe Alaskan is unqualified to be president
By Rob Quinn, Newser Staff
Posted Feb 11, 2010 2:35 AM CST
Updated Feb 11, 2010 7:41 AM CST
Former vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin addresses the National Tea Party Convention in Nashville last weekend.   (AP Photo/Ed Reinke)

(Newser) – An overwhelming number of Americans are seriously ticked off at their government but that anger isn't driving them into the arms of Sarah Palin, according to a Washington Post/ABC News poll. A full 71% of voters—including a majority of Republicans—feel that Palin is unqualified to be president. Only 37% have favorable views of Palin, the poll found.

Two-thirds of voters are angry or dissatisfied with their government, the highest level recorded since 1996. They estimate that Washington wastes 53 cents out of every dollar they pay in taxes, according to the poll. The Tea Party movement is still poorly understood despite national media attention, the poll found. Two-thirds of those surveyed say they know little or nothing about what the movement stands for, although 45% say they agree with Tea Partiers on at least some issues.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
Fed-Up Americans Not Wowed by Sarah Palin: Poll is...
13%
13%
4%
4%
62%
4%
Show results without voting
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 69 comments
T-MAN
Feb 14, 2010 11:12 AM CST
Teabagger/Birther/Deathers love Sarah . Uneducated people love each other. Maybe she can get Joeeee the Plumber to run with her.She'll read your palms and then quit to make more money spreading fear and hate ,while hauling her little boy around the country exploiting him.
inkedheart
Feb 12, 2010 3:50 AM CST
I just don't understand how anyone could take her seriously. She sounds like an ignorant yolkal. I would never vote for Sarah Palin.
ezzy4863
Feb 12, 2010 1:47 AM CST
71% of American voters think Palin is not qualified.The other 29% actually still think that Bush did a good job.