It’s just about time for the Oscars, but first, check College Humor’s list of what some of the nominated films should be called, if we’re being honest with ourselves.
- Avatar: Predictable, with James-Cameron-ripping subtitle, “From the guy who knows how to spend $280,000,000.”
- The Blind Side: White Lady Saves the Day
- Inglourious Basterds: Inaccurate Trailer (“Brad Pitt’s hardly in it, and it’s mostly in French.”)
- District 9: Transparent Symbolism
- The Hurt Locker: Another Bomb?
- A Serious Man: A Boring Man
- Up: Suck It, Dreamworks
- Up In The Air: On Autopilot, with subtitle asking of above-the-title star George Clooney, “Suave older man? How does he pull it off?”
Click the link at right for satirical theater posters, more humor.