Jon Hamm is famous for playing an advertising exec on Mad Men, and soon he—or at least his voice—will also be famous for advertising, period. Hamm is the latest celebrity to lend his voice to a commercial campaign, in his case, Mercedes-Benz. PopEater takes a look at nine others and the (sometimes embarrassing) ads they’ve done:
- Lauren Bacall: This legendary actress is also…really passionate about cat food, as evidenced by her Fancy Feast commercial.
- David Duchovny: Speaking of pet food, the former X Files actor’s Pedigree gig gave him a chance to use the line, “Rub my belly. Seriously, rub it.”
- Zach Braff: What’s more embarrassing: The fact that he’s voicing a talking dog, or the fact that the talking dog is shilling for Cottonelle toilet paper?
- Christian Slater: Sadly, the “I’m sorry” that opens this razor commercial isn’t referring to Slater’s career decisions.
- Morgan Freeman: Not all celebrity voice-over actors are bad, as Freeman illustrates in his narrations for Visa during the Olympics.
For the complete list, including a pitchman who's also an Office
cast member, click here