Just because you're in the club, doesn't mean you like all of its members. To wit, Examiner.com lists 50 famous authors that other famous authors really don't like...in their own, well-penned words:
- Mark Twain on Jane Austen: "Every time I read Pride and Prejudice, I want to dig her up and hit her over the skull with her own shin bone."
- Vladimir Nabakov on Ernest Hemingway: "I read him for the first time in the early '40s, something about bells, balls, and bulls, and loathed it."
- Gore Vidal on John Updike: "He's just another boring little middle-class boy hustling his way to the top if he can do it."
- Charlotte Bronte on Jane Austen: "Why do you like Miss Austen so very much? I should hardly like to live with her ladies and gentlemen, in their elegant but confined houses."
- DH Lawrence on Herman Melville: "Oh dear, when the solemn ass brays! brays! brays!"
- John Irving on Tom Wolfe: You see people reading him on airplanes, the same people who are reading John Grisham, for Christ's sake."
for the complete list, and to find out who hates JK Rowling.