There's nothing like traveling halfway across the world to visit a spot that doesn't live up to the hype. SmarterTravel rounds up 10 destinations that you should scratch from your bucket list:
- Blarney Stone: Funny how its initials are BS. The line is long, and what you're waiting for is the chance to kiss something that hundreds of people smooched right before you.
- Venice gondola ride: Sure, it's romantic, but unless you're Brad and Angie, you might balk at the $100+ price tag for a 40-minute ride.
- Niagara Falls: It's important to remember that The Office is a TV show. Its uber-romantic depiction of the Falls clashes with the reality: cheesy museums and cheap motels.
- Walt Disney World: It's the happiest place on earth! But not because of the $79 daily entry fee, endless lines, and mind-boggling number of children.
- Willis Tower: Monster lines and a lame new name make the former Sears Tower skippable.
for the rest.