Man Dies After 'Friends' Insert Eel in His Rectum
Drunken prank fatal for Chinese chef
By Rob Quinn, Newser Staff
Posted May 4, 2010 4:34 AM CDT
Doctors had no idea how the eel had gotten into the man before his friends confessed to their prank.   (AP Photo/Kyodo News)

(Newser) – A Chinese chef with possibly the worst friends in the world died after a live eel shoved up his rectum as a prank when he was passed out drunk gnawed through his guts. Doctors mystified by the man's abdominal pain and anal bleeding cut him open and were astonished to find the 20-inch eel, which had died but not before doing considerable damages to his insides, Shanghaiist reports. The patient died after 10 days in intensive care. Police are investigating, and the "friends" are likely to face charges.

More From Newser
My Take on This Story
To report an error on this story,
notify our editors.
Your Take
2%
15%
2%
16%
2%
64%
2% of people agree
that it's Intriguing
Check Out Another Intriguing Story
You Might Like
Comments
Showing 3 of 55 comments
aschenbecher
Jul 17, 2010 3:43 AM CDT
This is real.. Here is the original Chinese news report on this incident. Please use google translator to view the page. http://www.chinanews.com.cn/sh/news/2010/04-28/2250979.shtml
flightofphoenix1973
May 6, 2010 9:38 AM CDT
ummmm.....wow!!!!
benxtwisted
May 5, 2010 10:43 PM CDT
Man, how drunk do you gotta be to get a Eel shoved up your ass and not know? And, how much skill does it take to shove an Eel up someones ass? This whole thing seems impossible. But the facts don't lie i guess.