Apple may have another fire to put out—literally. Danny Williams says he was at work in Atlanta’s Hartsfield-Jackson airport when his 2-year-old iPod Nano caught fire in his pocket. “If TSA had come by and seen me smoking, they could have honestly thought I was a terrorist,” he told PC World, though he has no witnesses to back up the story.
Apple has yet to comment on the report, but it did send Williams a packet to return the device. iPods operate on lithium-ion batteries, which have been recalled in the past for catching fire in laptops. Williams wasn’t injured by the fire, shielded he believes by a glossy piece of paper he had in his pocket.