Ex JonBenet Suspect Stalking Me: Teen
19-year-old says John Mark Karr threatened to kill her
By Kevin Spak,  Newser Staff
Posted May 27, 2010 11:10 AM CDT
In this Sept. 14, 2006 file photo, John Mark Karr appears in Sonoma County Superior Court before Judge Cerena Wong in Santa Rosa, Calif.   (AP Photo/John Burgess, Pool, File)

(Newser) – A 19-year-old girl has taken out a restraining order against John Mark Karr, the man who falsely claimed to have murdered JonBenet Ramsey, the AP reports. San Francisco resident Samantha Spiegel says she met Karr, who now calls himself Alexis Valoran Reich, when she was 9; he worked at her school. They began talking online, but things eventually turned sour.

Spiegel told the courts that Karr had been sending her “ongoing death threats,” along with “threats of sexual exploitation to children.” The judge decided the threat was credible, but police have not yet been able to serve Karr with the order, because they can't find him. He was last seen in Seattle. “He is, to the best of my knowledge, traveling and indigent,” Spiegel said.