Crocs Save Shocked Boy

Plastic clogs 'acted as insulators'

By Rob Quinn,  Newser Staff

Posted Jun 3, 2010 3:35 AM CDT

(Newser) – The fashion world may sneer at Crocs but you won't find a better shoe to save you from death by hairdryer. The mother of a 3-year-old British boy says his plastic shoes saved his life after he picked up the faulty appliance in a swimming pool changing room and received a massive shock. Medics believe the Crocs acted as insulators, stopping the charge from becoming deadly.

"A bright blue bolt of electricity went down his arm and shot out his side. It was awful, he was screaming in agony and shaking," the boy's mother told the Telegraph. "'The paramedic said he was really lucky he was wearing Crocs at the time, as they stopped the electricity going through his legs and coming out of his feet, and probably saved him."

The paramedic said he was really lucky he was wearing plastic Croc shoes at the time, said the mother of 3-year-old Harley Sutton-Dormer.
"The paramedic said he was really lucky he was wearing plastic Croc shoes at the time," said the mother of 3-year-old Harley Sutton-Dormer.   (AP Photo/Ed Andrieski, File)
« Prev« Prev | Next »Next » Slideshow
My TakeCLICK BELOW TO VOTE
6%
7%
54%
1%
23%
7%
To report an error on this story, notify our editors.

NEWS FROM OUR PARTNERS
Other Sites We Like:   The Street   |   HitFix   |   PopSugar Tech   |   RealClear   |   24/7 Wall St.   |   CollegeHumor   |   Barstool Sports   |   OK!