Melina Kanakaredes Bails on CSI: NY
Surprise move comes days before shooting starts on Season 7
By M. Morris,  Newser Staff
Posted Jul 12, 2010 6:32 PM CDT
"CSI: NY" co-stars Gary Sinise and Melina Kanakaredes during a celebration of the show's 100th episode at CBS Paramount Studios in Los Angeles, Sept. 16, 2008.   (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello)
camera-icon View 1 more image

(Newser) – In an unexpected move just days before CSI: NY begins shooting its seventh season, co-star Melina Kanakaredes said today she'll leave the case of the CBS crime procedural. "We hoped Melina would return to CSI: NY for another season, but we respect her decision to move on," the network said in a statement, seemingly indicating negotiations had been ongoing. The show is the lowest-rated show in the CSI family and is moving to Friday this fall, which bodes ill for its prospects, New York notes.

 

My Take on This Story
Show results without voting  |  
15%
7%
2%
69%
5%
2%