Chelsea Clinton and Marc Mezvinsky's wedding playlist has a boomer slant so strong that it suggests the thirtysomethings like the same music as their parents—or that someone's pulling TMZ's leg. Selections include hits by Stevie Wonder, Diana Ross, Sam Cooke, and Michael Jackson. And they'd better be pretty good renditions—the band's costing $40,000, according to a painfully detailed breakdown by Politics Daily, which puts the total tab in the neighborhood of $2 million. Nice neighborhood!
More selections from the playlist:
- The Turtles, "Happy Together"
- Dusty Springfield, "Son of a Preacher Man"
- Michael Jackson, "Don't Stop Till You Get Enough"
- Ike and Tina Turner, "Proud Mary"
- Diana Ross, "I'm Coming Out"
- Jackie Wilson,"Higher and Higher"