Kings of Leon had to stop playing mid-gig Friday thanks to a hail of pigeon poop raining down on them, but they’re not the only musical act that’s been forced to cancel a show for an odd reason. The Daily Mirror rounds up 10 more:
- David Bowie: A 2004 Norway concert was halted when he got hit in the eye with a lollipop.
- 50 Cent: Despite being pelted with bottles, cans, and toilet paper at the 2004 Reading Festival, Fiddy kept performing for 15 minutes and 1 second…because 15 minutes is the minimum amount of time he had to perform in order to get paid.
- Morrissey: The former Smiths lead singer was not amused when he got hit in the head with a cup of beer, and subsequently stormed off stage. Watch the clip at left.
- Metallica: Lead singer James Hetfield was hospitalized after the band’s own pyrotechnics burned his face during a show.
- The Rolling Stones: Similarly, Keith Richards got an electric shock on stage in 1965, thanks to his guitar strings meeting up with a microphone.
For the complete list, click here
, or click here
to read about the Kings of Leon poop incident.