2 Stories

Girl, 11, Dies After Choking on Marshmallow at Birthday Party

She was unconscious for nearly a week

(Newser) - An 11-year-old Massachusetts girl died early Friday after choking on a marshmallow at a friend's birthday party, NBC 10 News reports. According to WCVB , Iris Estabrooks dropped off her daughter Azriel at the party in Somerset last Saturday. An hour later, she got a call that Azriel was unconscious.... More »

Peeps Fans Sweet on Easter

Devoted fans hatch odd films, microwave jousting, and diorama contests

(Newser) - Brightly colored, sticky-sweet marshmallow Peeps have spawned a cult following unparalleled in the candy world. Aficionados of the line of Easter treats—ranging from sun-yellow chicks to bunnies and tulips—have created bizarre videos, Internet fan sites, diorama contests, and a microwave jousting game, the Palm Beach Post reports. More »

2 Stories