2 Stories

'Choking Game' Blamed in Teen's Bowflex Death

Parents think 16-year-old was playing game to get high

(Newser) - A Sacramento-area high school football player who died while using a Bowflex machine was apparently playing a variation of what's known as the "choking game." The parents of 16-year-old Justin Butler told FOX40 News he likely died while attempting to play the game, which deprives an individual of... More »

Teen Killed in Accident on Exercise Machine

Death ruled 'very tragic accident'

(Newser) - A high school football player from Sacramento was killed in an exercise machine accident. Justin Butler, 16, was found entangled in a Bowflex machine. Investigators say they don't suspect the machine is to blame, nor do they believe it was a suicide. Butler's death was simply a "very tragic... More »

2 Stories