pet shop

2 Stories

Cop Injured in Pet Store Fire Rescue

Volunteers helped get all the animals out safely

(Newser) - A New Jersey police officer is being treated for smoke inhalation after a selfless effort to rescue birds, gerbils, dogs, cats, and a chinchilla from a burning pet store. No animals were injured thanks to the rescue effort by police officers, firefighters, and volunteers, the Star-Ledger reports. "It was... More »

Strip Mall Fire Kills 30 Puppies

They die of smoke inhalation inside Miami pet store

(Newser) - Downer of the day: A fire last night at a strip mall in Miami killed 30 puppies, reports the Miami Herald . The pups died of smoke inhalation—all were French and English bulldogs, breeds known for having respiratory trouble. Firefighters were able to rescue a handful, but the owner of... More »

2 Stories