Jeffrey Bush

7 Stories

Florida Sinkhole That Swallowed Man Returns

Sinkhole opens on spot Jeffrey Bush disappeared in 2013

(Newser) - Florida emergency responders say another sinkhole has opened in the exact location where a hole opened in March 2013 and swallowed a man as he slept in bed. Ronnie Rivera of Hillsborough County Fire Rescue says the hole, around 20 feet in diameter, opened up again in Seffner, east of... More »

Video Reveals Depths of Florida Sinkhole

Seffner sinkhole killed Jeffrey Bush

(Newser) - The first good look into the Florida sinkhole that claimed Jeffrey Bush's life has been released. A video obtained by Bay News 9 shows the 60-foot-deep chasm, from which authorities weren't able to recover Bush's body. It was taken through the bedroom window before the home was... More »

2nd Florida Sinkhole Opens Near First

Initial site now considered missing man's grave

(Newser) - The residents of Seffner, Fla., are on edge after a fresh sinkhole appeared just three miles from where a sinkhole swallowed a man last week . The new sinkhole, which is about 10 feet deep, appeared between two homes yesterday afternoon, ABC reports. Authorities say the hole is not geologically connected... More »

Crew Saves Mementos From Sinkhole Home

Family watches, weeps

(Newser) - Crews have now razed about half of the Florida home that fell victim to a sinkhole last week , and workers managed to grab some keepsakes for its former residents in the process. Among them: photos, a Bible, a jewelry box, a purse, and a pink teddy bear belonging to the... More »

Crews Begin Razing Fla. Sinkhole House

They'll try to push house toward street so family can enter

(Newser) - Crews with heavy equipment have begun the demolition of a Florida home over a huge sinkhole where a man is presumed dead after being swallowed by the earth. The search for Jeff Bush, 37, was called off yesterday, and a heavy machine with a large bucket scoop was moved into... More »

Rescuers Give Up on Sinkhole Victim

Jeffrey Bush was sucked into cavity under his house

(Newser) - Rescuers have called off the search for a Florida man who was sucked into a sinkhole under his bedroom late Thursday night, the AP reports. Officials said they plan to destroy the home of 37-year-old Jeffrey Bush and ordered the next-door neighbors to move out before the sinkhole drags them... More »

Search Continues for Man Swallowed by Sinkhole

Florida's Jeffrey Bush, 37, vanished while in his bedroom

(Newser) - Engineers are still gingerly trying to find a 37-year-old Florida man who disappeared into a sinkhole that opened up in his bedroom yesterday. Jeffrey Bush is presumed dead, and authorities say the sinkhole is so dangerous they can't risk simply sending searchers into it, reports AP . It's about... More »

7 Stories