According to Buzzfeed, there are exactly 46 kinds of Facebook users. And while we doubt this very scientific breakdown made it into Facebook's S-1 SEC filing, we do find it pretty amusing—and fairly spot-on. Chances are, you're quite familiar with every single one of these pretty annoying users ... but aren't one yourself, of course! Among them:
- The exclamation-point junkie: Uses at least three exclamation points in a row ... often several times in the same status update.
- The person who just can't get over their breakup: Buzzfeed's delicious sample status update: "1 universe, 9 plants [sic], 204 countries, 7 seas, 6 billion people, and you think I need you? :) ha"
Click for the 38 other kinds of Facebook users
- The showoff: Best distinguished by the posting of photos involving people striking a hells-yeah-I'm-cool pose while holding bottles of booze. Gold chain optional.
- The comma-phobe: Sample update: "6am work coffee work more coffee work maybe dinner work midnight = my monday boo"
- The insomniac: Do you ever wake up to Facebook without seeing a "Why am I up??" post made by one of your friends five hours ago?
- The awkward dad: Any dad who tells his child, or friends of said child, that they look "sexy."
- New moms: Every post is baby-themed; many likely involve poop.
- The person who whines about their job: Bonus when said user is accidentally "friends" with the boss, oops!
—complete with awesome illustrations—which include artists, awkward moms, and the truly delusional. (Read more Facebook