There are some criminals who end up in jail for stealing millions of dollars in jewels, and then there are this week's criminals, whose crimes include a 5-cent theft ... and giving away $1,000.
- Driver Jailed After Taking Nickel's Worth of Electricity: Here's a weird twist in the brave new world of electric cars: A Nissan Leaf driver ended up in jail on theft charges after plugging into a school's outlet without permission. The kicker: He got maybe 5 cents worth of juice for his trouble.
- Man Showers Mall With Last $1K: A Minnesota man chucked a thousand dollar bills over a crowd at the Mall of America on Black Friday. Some might consider that the perfect start to the holiday season; police considered it disorderly conduct.
- Firefighter Killed During His Wedding Party—by Cop: An especially tragic story out of Kansas City, Mo., where a firefighter celebrating his own wedding was shot and killed—by a police officer. The trouble apparently started when Anthony Bruno decided to get a drunk friend a cab home.
- Alabama Fan Killed for Not Seeming Upset Enough: A senseless killing in Alabama: The sister of a woman shot dead after last week's Iron Bowl game says she was killed by a fellow fan enraged that her group didn't seem upset enough by the Crimson Tide's loss to archrival Auburn.
- Arrest in Grisly '96 Killing, as Another Guy Does Time for It: Police this week arrested a man in a 17-year-old rape and murder case. Just one wrinkle: Another man is already serving life in prison for the horrific crime, which shocked the small town of Kalkaska, Mich., in 1996.
Click for more crazy crimes
, including the story of a man who allegedly killed his wife and son with a crossbow. (Read more strange stuff