Babysitting her grandson, a Pennsylvania grandmother misplaced her heroin—and it turned up in the 7-year-old's pockets at school a few days later, CNN reports. So says the district attorney, who warns that "any exposure to heroin for a young child is likely to result in death." The boy—who was carrying nine bags of the stuff, each stamped "Victoria's Secret"—allegedly gave some to a classmate, whose mom found it, the Philadelphia Inquirer reports. The grandmother "is lucky that she was not responsible for the death of her own grandson or somebody else's child," DA Tom Hogan says.
Indeed, heroin "can be ingested through the skin," a police rep says. Now, Pauline Bilinski-Munion has been arrested and charged over drugs and endangering children's welfare. She's not the only one facing Hogan's ire: He also says the school "didn't call 911, didn't call the DA's office, did not freeze all the kids in place ... [or] call in emergency personnel to check all the kids to make sure they were OK." The school offered only a "late and vague notification to parents about a 'dangerous and illegal' substance," Hogan says. The school, however, says it contacted police immediately. (Read more drugs stories.)