The Sony hackers apparently also stole an early version of the script to the latest Bond movie, titled Sceptre, according to the BBC, and the movie's producers say in a statement they're "concerned that third parties who have received the stolen screenplay may seek to publish it or its contents." Meanwhile, reports CNN, the group says it's far from done: "We are preparing for you a Christmas gift," it posted online. "The gift will be larger quantities of data. And it will be more interesting. The gift will surely give you much more pleasure and put Sony Pictures into the worst state." But wait, there is much, much more fallout:
- Sony exec Amy Pascal is taking another hit, blasting Leonardo DiCaprio as "despicable" for pulling out of a planned Steve Jobs biopic, reports Page Six.
- George Clooney, meanwhile, confessed bad reviews for The Monuments Men were eating him up. "I need some protection from all the reviews," he emailed Pascal. "It's getting worse. I haven’t slept in 30 hours. And it’s 7 am." When she responded, "we will protect you by making money… that’s the best revenge," he emailed back, "I adore you Amy. You are literally the only person running a studio that loves film. I fear I’ve let you all down. Not my intention. I apologize. I’ve just lost touch… Who knew? Sorry. I won’t do it again."
- In another email, Pascal discusses plans for a "female spidey movie," notes the Daily Beast. She also fielded a pitch from Kanye West's creative director, who was "looking to take the storytelling to the next level with a feature length film, shot for an immersive cinema experience."
- Gawker notes that in a subject line "Jaden and Willow Smith on Prana Energy, Time and Why School is Overrated," one Sony exec jokes to Pascal that "they r home schooled: don't let this family date your movies!!!"
- Meanwhile, Variety notes that Seth Rogen, star of The Interview (which possibly prompted the hack) gave a shout-out to Pascal. "We just wanted to thank Amy Pascal for having the balls to make this movie!" he told the crowd at the premiere.
(Read more Sony