Ever wondered how a famous actor or actress got their famous scar? The New York Post rounds up 14 stories-behind-the-scars:
- Tina Fey was just 5 when a stranger approached her in her front yard and cut her left cheek with a knife, leaving her with a visible scar.
- Harrison Ford crashed his car into a telephone pole in 1964, slamming his face into the steering wheel and walking away with a permanent chin scar.
- Sharon Stone was riding a horse as a kid when she ran into a taut cord and sliced her neck. The resulting scar is allegedly one of the biggest that's typically concealed in publicity photos, and it even once had its own website.
- Jonah Hill almost had his arm amputated after a car accident when he was 15. In the end, though, he was left with just a bad scar on his right elbow.
- Luke Perry ran into a soda machine at a bowling alley when he was a child, and ended up with a scar on his right eyebrow.
- Queen Latifah also got her scar, a 2-incher on her forehead, as a child. In her case, she was playing tag. "I’d never cover it up," she once said. "It gives my face character."
- Catherine Zeta-Jones feels the same way about the scar at the base of her throat, a leftover from a tracheotomy that saved her life when she was a baby. "Makeup artists are always trying to cover it up, but I don’t want to hide it," she once explained. "I wouldn’t be here today if I didn’t have this scar."
Click for the complete list
. (Read more Tina Fey