It was Billboard Music Award time again on Sunday, when the music industry's most popular artists are honored—and when the world looks at their outfits and says either "Wow!" or "Huh?" Five of the most talked-about getups:
- Z LaLa. This electro-pop artist is probably better known for her outrageous outfits than her music. This year's effort resembled a black birdcage and had more than one commentator mentioning Edward Scissorhands.
- Kesha. Her ensemble could have been mistaken for a "flamboyant mariachi band outfit," writes Keiko Zoll at Romper, but the purple color, and the blurring of gender lines, showed it to be a clear tribute to Prince.
- Britney Spears. The New York Daily News was wowed by her "completely sheer black dress," while the New York Post quips that she "put on underwear but forgot any semblance of outerwear."
- Gwen Stefani. At Hollywood Life, they are "literally dying" over Stefani's sheer, diamond-encrusted gown. "This may have just been the best look we've ever seen from the blonde bombshell," writes Olivia Elgart.
- Ciara. The host rocked no fewer than seven looks, all of which can be seen at Billboard.com. The most eye-catching was a metallic chain dress, which had the Post, among others, wondering how it even stayed up.
Click through the slideshow for a look at the outfits, or here for a list of winners
from the awards, which finished with Stevie Wonder joining Madonna for "Purple Rain." (Read more Billboard Music awards