"A girl must marry for love, and keep on marrying until she finds it," oft-married actress and socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor once said. A selection of other great quotes from Gabor, who has died at the age of 99, and whose sayings summed up her flamboyant attitude to life and love:
- "I'm a great housekeeper. Every time I get a divorce, I keep the house."
- "Husbands are like fires—they go out when unattended."
- "I never hated a man enough to give him his diamonds back." That one was from 1957, after her third marriage ended, the Guardian notes.
- "A man in love is incomplete until he's married. Then he's finished."
- "I believe that in life you should always take the serious things lightly and the light things seriously. This attitude of mine gets me into a lot of trouble."
- "I don't remember anybody's name. Why do you think the whole 'dahling' thing started?"
- "Personally, I know nothing about sex because I've always been married." People notes that many of Gabor's divorce lawyers were present when she made this quip at an American Bar Association event in 1987.
(Click to see Zsa Zsa's life in pictures