The year's not yet over, but inquiring minds are already wondering if Lorde has managed to trump Lana and whether it's Jay-Z's tunes or the surprise return of his hyphen that continues to capture people's attention (it appears to be the former). 24/7 Wall St. has pulled together a ranking of the most popular albums released in 2017 thus far, using metrics such as albums' rankings on the Billboard 200, how long albums remain on that industry go-to, ratings on the Metacritic aggregator, and even viewings of Wikipedia entries. Here, the top 10 albums, along with the biggest hit from each:
- More Life, Drake; "Fake Love"
- Melodrama, Lorde; "Green Light"
- DAMN., Kendrick Lamar; "Humble"
- 4:44, Jay-Z; "4:44"
- Culture, Migos; "Bad and Boujee"
- Rainbow, Kesha; "Praying"
- Lust for Life, Lana Del Rey; "Love"
- HNDRXX, Future; "Selfish"
- American Dream, LCD Soundsystem; "Call the Police"
- Harry Styles, Harry Styles; "Sign of the Times"
See more here
, or check out the 10 songs
that may help you perform CPR better. (Read more albums