Arachnophobes beware, this story may not be for you. A Tennessee woman says dozens of poisonous spiders took up residence in her apartment. Angela Wright of Brentwood says she was recently bitten in the night while she slept and awoke to find several bumps on her body, reports WSMV. What she didn't realize at the time was that they were bites from a brown recluse, a type of spider whose flesh-dissolving venom can cause serious wounds. "I couldn't walk, I couldn't move and I could barely swallow," says Wright, adding that her doctors told her that bubbles had formed in her lungs and she could have suffered a stroke had she not made it to a hospital.
Wright in recovering and is moving out of her apartment, where she says she's found some 50 brown recluse spiders in traps since the incident. Wright is trying to leave immediately, and WSMV has details on her fight with the apartment complex on getting out of her lease. As for the brown recluse spider, it is found mostly in the West and the South, but it can thrive elsewhere as long as people are around, reports Yahoo News. (Read more spiders stories.)