- Wisconsin: "The entire thing is a mess," says Governor-Elect Tony Evers on NBC's Meet the Press about GOP legislation to limit his power, per NBC News. "It's a hot mess. And I believe [Gov. Scott Walker] should veto the entire package."
- William Barr: "I haven't made a decision yet on him, but I can tell you the first things I’ve learned about him being for more surveillance of Americans is very, very troubling," says Sen. Rand Paul on Meet the Press about Trump's pick for attorney general, per the Washington Times.
- Mueller probe: Prosecutors "better have more than one witness on this because if you're shooting at the president of the United States and the only bullet in your gun is Michael Cohen, well I think that's a problem," says ex-New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on ABC's This Week, per the Hill. But "when prosecutors sound that definitive they've got more usually than just one witness."
- Impeachment: "My concern is that if impeachment is moved forward on the evidence that we have now, at least a third of the country would think it’s just political revenge and a coup against the president," says Sen. Angus King on Meet the Press, per NBC News.
- Manafort: "I think it would be a terrible mistake if" Trump pardoned Paul Manafort, says Sen. Marco Rubio on This Week, per Politico. "You know, pardons should be used judiciously. They're used for cases with extraordinary circumstances."
- 2020 Dems: "...I think in 2020 we need a candidate who is 100% authentic, who is tough, and who can challenge this president on both domestic policy and foreign policy and I'm simply going to make sure that we have a candidate that fits that bill," says Sen. Chris Murphy on This Week, per the Hill.
On the lighter side, Robert DeNiro's return to SNL as Bob Mueller
was "awkward." (Read more President Trump