What Park Visitors Are Finding on 'Shutdown' Day - Page 2
Here's what's open and what's closed
By Newser Editors and Wire Services
Posted Dec 22, 2018 5:15 PM CST
- Utah's state government is paying to staff the visitor centers at Arches, Bryce Canyon and Zion national parks.
- Arizona is ponying up to keep trails, shuttles, and restrooms open at the Grand Canyon.
- New York is footing the bill for the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island for the third shutdown in five years.
- At Acadia National Park in Maine, austerity measures include closing some bathrooms, curbing trash collection, and cutting back on snowplowing.
- A lack of plowing is closing roads at Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado, the fourth most popular national park in the country, and the visitor centers are locked.
My Take on This Story
Show results |