Emma and Liam rule the roost, again. The Social Security Administration is out with the most popular baby names for 2018, and those two remained at the top of their respective lists. Maybe the most interesting nugget is that the fastest-rising girl's name is Meghan, which climbed 701 spots to a ranking of 703. The SSA attributes that to Meghan Markle, notes WTOP. Details:
- Top 10 girls: Emma, Olivia, Ava, Isabella, Sophia, Charlotte, Mia, Amelia, Harper, and Evelyn
- Top 10 boys: Liam, Noah, William, James, Oliver, Benjamin, Elijah, Lucas, Mason, and Logan
Read on for the fastest-rising names.
- Fastest-rising girl names: Meghan, Dior, Adalee, Palmer, Oaklynn, Haisley, Keily, Novah, Yara, and Ensley
- Fastest-rising boy names: Genesis, Saint, Baker, Kairo, Watson, Kenzo, Jaxtyn, Kylo, Dakari, and Karsyn
- In and out: In the most-popular categories, Lucas is new in the top 10 for boys, having knocked out Jacob, notes USA Today. For girls, Harper is new, having knocked out Abigail.
- See the full rankings here.
(Read more baby names