Scotland Yard has questioned actor Kevin Spacey about sexual assault allegations lodged against him in the UK. Spacey submitted voluntarily to the interview, Variety reports, which took place in the US in May. "Inquiries are ongoing," Scotland Yard said in a statement. Allegations of sexual assault of six men have been made against Spacey with the police agency in London, where he was based for years. Spacey has not been charged in those cases. He was artistic director of the Old Vic theater in London from 2003 to 2015, and the theater said 20 men had come forward with accusations against him.
In the US, an accuser dropped his lawsuit against Spacey last week, though Spacey still faces criminal charges in the Massachusetts case. The two men could be in court Monday for a pretrial hearing, per CNN, for the 2016 case. The accuser's cellphone will be the issue: He texted his girlfriend and sent her a video during the encounter with Spacey. Prosecutors say they took data from the phone. Saying that evidence might have been deleted, the defense wants to examine the phone. The judge agreed to that, but the accuser and his family say they don't know where the cellphone is. Spacey could face up to five years in prison if convicted of indecent assault and battery in the case. (Read more Kevin Spacey stories.)