There's an Odd Connection to Glee in Suicide Text Case - Page 2
Some of Michelle Carter's texts were dialogue from the show
Posted Jul 9, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
- Boston.com shares one of the lines said by Michele's character that Carter texted in a nearly identical manner to a friend: "I just had it all planned out with Conrad. Now I have to do something different, maybe something better, I just don't think that that's possible. He was my person you know?"
- It's a quote that BuzzFeed actually flagged in a 2017 article that noted Roy's July 13, 2014, death came exactly one year after Monteith's July 13, 2013, death.
- Carr also spoke with Rolling Stone, which points out that Carter was effusive about Glee and Michele on Twitter as well. Carr says that the Glee details were "a part of the film where we reveal what really is going on inside Michelle's brain. She would say things to others that the actor Lea Michele had said in ... press interviews. I don't know, that's crazy to me. When I learned that, it really cemented that we were dealing with someone who has mental health struggles."
- Carr adds to USA Today that while "it really felt centered around Lea Michele," Carter also stole lines from Taylor Swift, the novel The Fault in Our Stars, and country music.
- A side fact from Boston.com: The documentary makers were the only ones who shot the courtroom proceedings.
- Fox News reports I Love You is just the latest in a string of true-crime films directed by Carr, who has also tackled the cases of New York City's cannibal cop, Gypsy Rose Blanchard, and Larry Nassar.
(Read more Michelle Carter
My Take on This Story
Show results |