Trump: 'I Am the Chosen One' - Page 2
The president also lands verbal blows outside the White House
- 'The chosen one': "Over the last five or six years, China has made $500 billion. $500 billion. Ripped it out of the United States," Trump said, per RealClearPolitics. "...Somebody had to do it, so I'm taking on China. I am the chosen one." Mashable notes that he looked up at the sky while saying "chosen one."
- 'Very disloyal': "If you want to vote Democrat, you are being very disloyal to Jewish people and very disloyal to Israel," Trump said, reiterating a position he took the day before, per the Times. The president also tweeted about the issue earlier in the day.
- Tax cuts: "I'm not looking at a tax cut now," Trump said, apparently changing his position from the day before, per the Wall Street Journal. "We don't need it. We have a strong economy."
- 'Biased reporter': "This guy is the most biased reporter," Trump said of Peter Alexander after he asked a question involving Joe Biden, per Mediaite. "I made a lot of money for NBC with The Apprentice and I used to like them, but they are the most biased. Peter, you should be able to ask a question, same question, in a better way. You are so obviously biased and that’s why the public has no confidence in the media."
- NBC vs CNN: "NBC News has less credibility in my opinion with guys like you than CNN," Trump said, then turned his attention to CNN's Kaitlan Collins. "You hear what I said? NBC has less credibility than CNN. That’s not saying much." Trump also attacked the Times and said it will go out of business after his presidency.
(Read more President Trump
My Take on This Story
Show results |