Robert De Niro isn't exactly holding a torch for President Trump. Between remarks he made Friday at the premiere of his new movie The Irishman, and what he said Sunday on CNN, the actor is in full anti-Trump mode and ready to toss in a couple of f-bombs. Want to know more? Read on:
- "I hope [Trump] gets impeached, it has to be followed through," De Niro told Variety at the New York Film Festival's opening night. "He's such a low life … He taints everybody around him."
- "It's disgraceful with this guy. He has no center, no ethics, no morals. He's amoral, immoral."
- "I don't think he's capable of resigning," De Niro told Brian Stelter on the CNN show Reliable Sources. "He will say it's rigged or this or that. The day after he was elected, I said, well, give him a chance. You never know. You will see. But he is the—he's worse than I ever could have imagined."
- "F--- them, f--- them," De Niro said of his Fox News critics, adding later that "some of these other pundits on Fox ... I can't believe that they would actually buy into this craziness."
- "This is cable, so it's not an FCC violation, but it's still a Sunday morning," said Stelter of the actor's cursing, per Mediaite. "I do wonder why you choose to go that way."
(Robert DeNiro has already slammed Trump and taken a few choice words in return.)