Teen Dies in Struggle to Protect Home, Sister - Page 2
Florida's Khyler Edman to get a hero's sendoff
Posted Oct 2, 2019 1:04 PM CDT
- Cole, who has a history of drug use and was on probation at the time of the incident, has been arrested more than 20 times since 2011, including five times this year, reports BuzzFeed. The outlet describes crimes including drug possession, burglary, and trespassing.
- Held without bond following medical treatment, Cole is facing new charges of burglary, theft, and parole violations. He's expected to face additional charges related to Khyler's death. "We are working very closely with the state attorney's office to make sure we provide the best case we can so this individual does not see the light of day again," Prummell said.
- The community, meanwhile, is putting Khyler on a pedestal. Even before he "laid his life down to save his baby sister," he was "the kind of kid you would want to be your son," Mike Riley of Charlotte County Public Schools tells CNN of the 10th grader.
- "Mostly, he is known for his unselfishness, always putting others before himself," reads Khyler's obituary. He was a member of Charlotte High School's National Junior Reserve Officer's Training Corps.
- In his honor, a neighbor intends to introduce "Khyler's Law," which would permanently jail habitual offenders with 10 or more charges in Florida, per Wink News.
(This grandfather's final act was to save his granddaughter
My Take on This Story
Show results |