Former Miss California Carrie Prejean is only controversial “because she’s so beautiful,” Donald Trump told David Letterman last night. “She said that a man should marry a woman, and it became very controversial for whatever reason, but I always said it was really because of her great beauty.” Letterman’s reply, per Gawker: “Why should heterosexuals be the only ones who are miserable?” Elsewhere:
- Just hours after an interview Monday on Today, his first since serving four years in prison for tax evasion, Survivor star Richard Hatch was arrested and carted back to jail, MSNBC reports. His sister says the arrest may have been due to the interview, though Hatch—still on house arrest—had gotten it approved.
- Mariah Carey, winner of just five Grammy awards despite 21 nominations, took herself out of the running this year by scheduling her album release for one day after the Grammy cutoff. “It’s like a big ‘Kiss my butt’ to the Grammy folks,” an insider tells the New York Daily News.
- Penelope Cruz has been avoiding the spotlight lately, the New York Post notes—in fact, since June, when that paper speculated she is pregnant. Reps are avoiding the question, and sources say the actress is “hiding out” until she’s further along.
- Also from the Post: Paris Hilton is off the hook for the $8.3 million investors were suing her for for allegedly failing to promote Pledge This!, a judge ruled yesterday, but she may still have to pay some of her $1 million salary.
- Jackass star Johnny Knoxville is expecting his second child, Us reports. Girlfriend Naomi Nelson is three months pregnant; Knoxville already has a 13-year-old daughter with his ex-wife.
(Read more Donald Trump