Chatroulette is getting “next big thing” buzz all over the Internet, with many swearing that the site, which lets you video chat with random people all over the world, is a total revolution. And it is—“for about six and a half minutes,” writes Josh Kurp on Nerve. Then you realize that it’s just another chat service and you’ll meet the same kinds of people over and over. Kurp breaks them down for you:
- Masturbators: There are a lot of them, happy to have a new way to expose themselves.
- Dorm Room Bros: Tend to type “ur a faggot” rather than “hello.”
- Ads: Hey look, your “webcam” is showing me a picture of a floating cat—and a link to your website.
- People in Costumes: We get it, you’re weird. Next.
- Bored People: In the end, most chatters are just trying to kill time.
- Strippers: They really think those abs are worth sharing.
- Actual Girls: So rare, they deserve their own category.
(Read more Internet