Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Love for Taco Bell
May 10, 2022 8:38 AM CDT
Dolly Parton's Love for Taco Bell Just Reached New Heights
Country music icon will star in TikTok production about fast-food chain's revived Mexican Pizza
- Never did we think we'd be writing "Dolly Parton," "Taco Bell's Mexican Pizza," "TikTok," and "musical" in one sentence, but here we are, explaining just exactly how all those words are coming together. On the heels of the announcement that the...
If You Can Eat
a Taco a Day,
Taco Bell Has
a Tempting Offer
Jan 10, 2022 9:30 AM CST
If You Can Eat a Taco a Day, Taco Bell Has a Tempting Offer
Get the 'Taco Lover's Pass' via the chain's app and enjoy a taco a day for 30 days, for a total of $10
- Could you eat a taco a day for a whole month? What if we said you could do so for just a ten-spot? If that thought (and price) appeals to you, there's a subscription you may want to check out, courtesy of Taco Bell. "Fans whose New Year'...
Taco Bell Is Bringing Back
a Beloved Menu Item
Jan 15, 2021 1:30 AM CST
Taco Bell Is Bringing Back a Beloved Menu Item
Potatoes are back, baby
- If you're one of the apparently many people who have been missing Taco Bell's potatoes since the fast-food chain stopped serving them over the summer, we have good news for you: They're coming back on March 11. Taco Bell pulled the seasoned potato bites as part of...
Item Is Simply
Sep 15, 2020 7:21 AM CDT
Taco Bell's Newest Menu Item Is Simply Intoxicating
Chain's Canadian outpost to offer 'Jalapeno Noir' red wine for $20 a bottle
- Starting five years ago, Taco Bell crossed over into boozy beverages, offering liquor-spiked Mountain Dews and punches , margaritas, and even its first branded lager , which seem to make sense with such fare. Now the fast-food chain has an alcohol addition that's slightly more upscale (and "democratizing," per...
Taco Bell Worker
Scared' of COVID.
She Began CPR
Aug 22, 2020 8:15 AM CDT
Taco Bell Worker Was 'Extremely Scared' of COVID. She Began CPR
Sonja Frazier helps save man's life after he passed out in Tennessee drive-thru
- Strange things often happen at fast-food drive-thrus, but luckily for one man at a Taco Bell in Clarksville, Tenn., Sonja Frazier was working the day he drove up to place an order.
reports that on Aug. 12, Frazier and her co-workers noticed that the drive-thru line had suddenly stopped...
Taco Bell Worker Who Wouldn't
Take BLM Mask Off Was Fired
Jun 19, 2020 9:20 AM CDT
Taco Bell Worker Who Wouldn't Take BLM Mask Off Was Fired
Taco Bell has since apologized to Denzel Skinner
- On June 2, Taco Bell posted a letter from its CEO noting it was "committed to being part of long-term solutions" on "racism or violence against Black people." This week, the fast-food chain took flak for that statement after an employee in Youngstown, Ohio, was fired for...
You Could Make $100K
Working at Taco Bell
Jan 10, 2020 3:30 PM CST
You Could Make $100K Working at Taco Bell
Parent company to offer six-figure annual salary for general managers in select locations
- Dollar signs don't typically come to mind when one is considering a job in fast food, but during a tight labor market , Taco Bell's parent company is trying to change that. Bloomberg reports Yum! Brands will be testing out a six-figure annual salary—$100,000—for general managers...
Couple Sues Taco Bell Over
the Fine Print in a TV Ad
in case you missed it
Oct 20, 2019 2:00 PM CDT
Couple Sues Taco Bell Over the Fine Print in a TV Ad
They were shocked to discover their $5 Chalupa Cravings Box didn't cost $5
- A New Jersey couple is calling out Taco Bell for what they say is consumer fraud. Nelson and Joann Estrella were each craving a Chalupa Cravings box—advertised as a Chalupa Supreme, 5-Layer burrito, crunchy taco, cinnamon twists, and a medium drink, all for $5—when they visited their local...
Taco Bell Announces Big Recall
After Customer Finds Metal
Oct 15, 2019 7:42 AM CDT
Taco Bell Announces Big Recall After Customer Finds Metal
2.3M pounds of seasoned ground beef has been yanked from restaurants, distribution centers
- Yo quiero Taco Bell, but that side of metal slivers—not so much. CNN and
report the fast-food chain recalled about 2.3 million pounds of seasoned beef Friday from distribution centers and restaurants in nearly two dozen states after a customer says they found a metal shaving...
'Paucity of Meat' on Mexican
Pizza Enrages Taco Bell Patron
Mar 9, 2019 9:10 AM CST
'Paucity of Meat' on Mexican Pizza Enrages Taco Bell Patron
Meanwhile, a missing order of hot wings from Domino's spurred a separate incident
- Two cases of fast-food fury to report on, starting with an incident out of Spartanburg, SC, on Wednesday, when a customer at a Taco Bell drive-thru apparently didn't appreciate what the Smoking Gun calls "a paucity of meat" on his Mexican Pizza. A police report indicates that a...
Taco Bell Fans Go Loco for
New Feature: Delivery
Feb 8, 2019 10:31 AM CST
Taco Bell Fans Go Loco for New Feature: Delivery
For a limited time, you can even get your grub for free if you order more than $12 worth
- You no longer have to run for the border—the border will now come to you. Taco Bell announced Thursday that it has started offering delivery across the US, with orders able to be placed either directly on its website or via Grubhub, Business Insider reports. If you have enough...
Heads to Taco Bell
With Risky Find
Jan 28, 2019 6:15 AM CST
Appetite for Destruction? Man Heads to Taco Bell With Risky Find
No one hurt in Ocala, Fla., after man shows up with hand grenade he found while magnet fishing
- The smart thing to do upon finding a hand grenade is to make a run for it—not make a run for the border. But a man in Florida decided he'd cap off his magnet fishing trip in Ocklawaha with some Meximelts in Ocala, and he opted to bring...
Kit Kat Quesadilla May Soon
Come to a Taco Bell Near You
Oct 23, 2017 9:25 AM CDT
Kit Kat Quesadilla May Soon Come to a Taco Bell Near You
Or maybe one stuffed with Twix, if the chain's test goes well
- If Taco Bell can stuff a tortilla with three different types of Doritos, why not a candy bar filling for a quesadilla? Consumerist reports the latest offering from the taco chain is a "Chocoladilla" packed with bits of melted Kit Kats or Twix. And all that mouthwatering goodness will...
2 Masked Suspects
Entered a Taco
Bell. 3 Workers
Sep 8, 2017 2:40 AM CDT
2 Masked Suspects Entered a Taco Bell. 3 Workers Fought Back
Cops say employees drew guns, fatally shot one of the suspects
- Police say three employees of a Cleveland Taco Bell opened fire on two armed robbers, killing one. Two masked robbers reportedly entered the restaurant early Wednesday and ordered three workers to lie on the floor. Three other employees then pulled out handguns and opened fire, shooting one of the suspects...
Lyft's New Partner: Taco Bell
Jul 25, 2017 10:00 AM CDT
Lyft's New Partner: Taco Bell
Idea is to encourage trips through drive-thru on the way home
- It's apparently a fairly common question posed to drivers who work for the likes of Lyft or Uber: Is it OK to swing by a fast-food drive-thru on the way home? Now Lyft is not only answering the question in the affirmative, it's encouraging the practice. The company...
Indy 500 Racer Robbed
at Taco Bell Drive-Thru
May 22, 2017 10:45 AM CDT
Indy 500 Racer Robbed at Taco Bell Drive-Thru
Scott Dixon is a victim just hours after winning the pole position
- Safe to say that race-car driver Scott Dixon had one of the most memorable days of his life on Sunday. Hours after he won the pole position for this weekend's Indianapolis 500, he got robbed in a Taco Bell drive-thru, reports the
. Police say that Dixon, wife...
Taco Bell Just Making Tortillas
Out of Fried Chicken Now
Jan 11, 2017 7:09 PM CST
Taco Bell Just Making Tortillas Out of Fried Chicken Now
The fast-food chain is taking its Naked Chicken Chalupa national this month
- By 2020, all fast-food products will be fried-chicken-based. First KFC replaced buns with fried chicken . Then Burger King booted the potato in favor of Chicken Fries. And on Wednesday, Taco Bell announced its intention to replace the taco shell with, you guessed it, fried chicken. Kotaku reports Taco Bell started...
Taco Bell Worker Out of Job After Not Serving Deputies
Jul 18, 2016 10:41 AM CDT
Taco Bell Worker Out of Job After Not Serving Deputies
Female cashier fired in Alabama
- A Taco Bell employee in Alabama has been fired after authorities say two Lee County deputies were denied service. Lee County Sheriff Jay Jones said in a statement that the uniformed deputies were told by the cashier at 9:40pm Saturday in Phenix City that they wouldn't be served...
Deaf Woman Sues Taco Bell
Over Drive-Thru Experience
Jul 15, 2016 5:55 PM CDT
Deaf Woman Sues Taco Bell Over Drive-Thru Experience
She claims drive-thru employees made it hard for her to order
- A deaf New Jersey woman who primarily communicates in sign language is suing Taco Bell, saying she found it difficult, if not impossible, to order two tacos at the fast-food chain's drive-thru window, the AP reports. Gina Cirrincione claims that on Jan. 11, she wrote her order on a...
Army Vet After
'I Want Taco Bell'
May 14, 2016 1:21 PM CDT
Army Vet After 48-Day Coma: 'I Want Taco Bell'
Who thought a bag of Crunchy Tacos could be this heartwarming?
- An Army vet and father of two who, somewhat miraculously, woke from a 48-day coma last month in Florida had one thing on his mind: Taco Bell.
reports 35-year-old Jake Booth slipped into a coma after his bronchitis turned into pneumonia and caused a heart attack. His family...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
'Holy Cow. Plants Actually Grow in Lunar Stuff'
Bette Midler's Advice on the Formula Shortage Goes Over Poorly
Ukraine War Apparently Not Going Russia's Way
Liz Cheney Unloads on House Leaders After Shooting
Ted Cruz Scores a Victory Before the Supreme Court
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.