Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sentencing in Flight Attendant
Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
May 28, 2022 5:30 AM CDT
Sentencing in Flight Attendant Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
Vyvianna Quinonez gets 15 months in prison for punching Southwest crew member in face
- A California woman who punched a Southwest Airlines flight attendant in the face during a flight, breaking her teeth, has been sentenced to 15 months in federal prison. Vyvianna Quinonez was also ordered Tuesday by the federal judge in San Diego to pay nearly $26,000 in restitution and a...
Batali's Sex Misconduct Trial
Starts, With One Decision Made
May 9, 2022 10:55 AM CDT
Batali's Sex Misconduct Trial Starts, With One Decision Made
Celebrity chef opts for judge to decide his fate, not a jury
- Celebrity chef Mario Batali has waived his right to a jury trial and is opting to have a judge decide his fate in his sexual misconduct trial in Boston. Batali confirmed the decision to Boston Municipal Court Justice James Stanton as the trial opened Monday morning, per the AP . In...
Suspect in Attack
May 5, 2022 5:45 PM CDT
Suspect in Attack on Chappelle Won't Face Felony Charges
Isaiah Lee could still be charged with misdemeanors
: The man arrested in the onstage attack on comedian Dave Chappelle won't be charged with any felonies, the Los Angeles Police Department said Thursday. Prosecutors came to the conclusion that criminal conduct occurred but not felony conduct, CBS News reports. The Los Angeles City Attorney's Office will...
Cops: Arby's Manager Threw
Hot Grease on Customer
Apr 26, 2022 6:19 PM CDT
Cops: Arby's Manager Threw Hot Grease on Customer
Alabama woman was left with burns 'covering a large potion of her body'
- Police in Hueytown, Alabama say an Arby's manager has been charged with assault over an incident that left a customer with second-degree burns "covering a large potion of her body." In a Facebook post , police said officers called to the scene "determined that an employee threw...
British Singer Hospitalized
After NYC Attack
Apr 22, 2022 10:36 AM CDT
British Singer Hospitalized After NYC Attack
Tom Grennan's manager says he was attacked outside a bar early Thursday
- "You lot are magic," chart-topping British singer Tom Grennan said after a concert in New York City this week, but the rest of his night went very badly. The 26-year-old's manager says the singer was attacked and robbed outside a bar in the early hours of Thursday,...
Cops: Carjacker Dies After
Beating Up Senior
Apr 19, 2022 10:06 AM CDT
Cops: Carjacker Dies After Beating Up Senior
You might say it was karma; Shirlene Hernandez would not
- A Texas man beat up a 72-year-old great-grandmother so as to take her car, only to die later in a crash, according to San Antonio police. Shirlene Hernandez, who was left with a nasty black eye and bruising covering half of her face, was assaulted as she headed into a...
She Fled Home After Assault.
The Worst Was Yet to Come
Apr 14, 2022 12:30 PM CDT
She Fled Home After Assault. The Worst Was Yet to Come
Canadian police seek help in finding Elnaz Hajtamiri following Jan. 12 abduction
- Opening up the door of the home in the small Canadian town of Wasaga Beach, the owner saw three armed men who looked like police officers. They claimed to have an arrest warrant for Elnaz Hajtamiri, a 37-year-old Iranian-born woman who was staying at the home, whom they proceeded to...
Accused of Punching
Women, He Now
Apr 5, 2022 10:15 AM CDT
Accused of Punching Women, He Now Faces Hate Crime Charges
Steven Zajonc, 28, was arrested last month in NYC for apparently unprovoked attacks
- A man is facing hate crime charges after allegedly attacking seven Asian women in New York City over three hours. Steven Zajonc, 28, who was arrested last month, is charged with six felony counts of third-degree assault as a hate crime and seven counts of second-degree aggravated harassment, a misdemeanor...
'I Was Wrong,' Will Smith
Tells Chris Rock in Post
Mar 29, 2022 12:01 AM CDT
'I Was Wrong,' Will Smith Tells Chris Rock in Post
Support and backlash are circulating after Oscar-winning actor slapped comedian onstage
This file has been updated to include Will Smith's online post Monday
. Will Smith has written a public apology to Chris Rock for slapping him Sunday night during the Academy Awards ceremony,
reports. "I would like to publicly apologize to you, Chris," says the Instagram...
Woman Arrested in 'Senseless
Attack' on NYC Singing Coach
Mar 22, 2022 2:52 PM CDT
Woman Arrested in 'Senseless Attack' on NYC Singing Coach
Barbara Gustern, 87, was shoved to the ground
A 26-year-old woman has been charged with manslaughter in connection with the death of a beloved Broadway singing coach. Lauren Pazienza, of Port Jefferson, Long Island, turned herself into police on Tuesday. Deadline reports there are no indications that Pazienza knew 87-year-old Barbara Maier Gustern, who was shoved from...
'One of the Most Appalling
Attacks I Have Ever Seen'
Mar 15, 2022 7:55 AM CDT
'One of the Most Appalling Attacks I Have Ever Seen'
Cops: 42-year-old man struck an Asian woman more than 100 times in Yonkers, NY
- An elderly Asian woman in Westchester County, NY, was brutally beaten in the vestibule of her building last week, and a fellow resident is now in custody. Police say that the 67-year-old victim passed by 42-year-old Tammel Esco as she was walking to her Yonkers home around 6pm on Friday...
Police Help Woman
Who Contacted Wrong
Force—3K Miles Away
Feb 15, 2022 9:50 AM CST
Police Help Woman Who Contacted Wrong Force—3K Miles Away
Canadian woman mistakenly reported break-in to Durham police in the UK, rather than Ontario
- Police in the UK helped ensure a Canadian woman received help after she reported a break-in to the wrong Durham police force. The victim had meant to contact Ontario's Durham Regional Police Force on Wednesday morning. Instead, she reached out to the Durham Constabulary in the UK using a...
He Was Charged With Trying to
Kill His Dad. Then, a Reckoning
Feb 4, 2022 8:15 AM CST
He Was Charged With Trying to Kill His Dad. Then, a Reckoning
Liam Ghershony, in recovery, hopes to show his father 'how much I've changed'
- The low point for Liam Ghershony was being charged with the attempted murder of his own dad. Ghershony's mother called police in Bethesda, Md., in May 2021 to report her son had admitted to "dosing" her ex-husband five days prior. The
shares the story to "...
After Assault, Nurse Dies in
Same Hospital She Served
Jan 18, 2022 11:10 AM CST
After Assault, Nurse Dies in Same Hospital She Served
Police in Los Angeles say Sandra Shells, 70, was victim of unprovoked attack at bus stop
- A 70-year-old nurse who worked most of her life at Los Angeles County-USC Medical Center died there last week after being assaulted at a bus stop, reports NBC News . Sandra Shells, who was still employed by the hospital after 38 years, was the victim of what police are calling an...
Surgeon Loses License for
Act of 'Professional Arrogance'
Jan 14, 2022 9:18 AM CST
Surgeon Loses License for Act of 'Professional Arrogance'
UK's Simon Bramhall had burned his initials into livers of 2 patients in 2013
A British surgeon who burned his initials into the livers of two patients no longer has a medical license. On Monday, the UK's Medical Practitioners Tribunal Service found Simon Bramhall, 57, had broken trust with his patients through his actions during the 2013 surgeries, and that the branding...
She Was Last Seen in 2019.
Now Dad, Wife Are Held
Jan 6, 2022 1:17 PM CST
She Was Last Seen in 2019. Now Dad, Wife Are Held
NH police desperately searching for Harmony Montgomery, last seen in Manchester
- New Hampshire police arrested a man in connection with his young daughter's 2019 disappearance on Tuesday, and a day later also nabbed his wife. The mother of Harmony Montgomery contacted Manchester police in November, saying she hadn't seen her daughter in more than six months, per the AP...
Woman Pleads Guilty
to Attacking Flight Attendant
Dec 23, 2021 8:31 AM CST
Woman Pleads Guilty to Attacking Flight Attendant
Vyvianna Quinonez expected to get 4-month sentence plus 3-year flight ban
: California woman Vyvianna Quinonez has admitted attacking a Southwest flight attendant earlier this year and is likely to face prison time—plus a long ban from flying. The Sacramento resident pleaded guilty in federal court Wednesday to interfering with a flight attendant, NBC San Diego reports. According to a...
Chief Offers Holiday Card, Gets
Shocking Murder Confession
Dec 22, 2021 11:46 AM CST
Chief Offers Holiday Card, Gets Shocking Murder Confession
South Dakota's Brent Hanson allegedly killed brother, sister-in-law, unborn child
- A South Dakota man has allegedly confessed to murdering his brother and sister-in-law, who was nine months pregnant, days before Christmas. The confession came about in an unusual way. On Dec. 14, Milbank Police Chief Boyd VanVooren sent Brent Hanson a Facebook message asking him to come to the station...
'Truly Shocking Language'
Lands Woman in Jail
Dec 14, 2021 12:20 PM CST
'Truly Shocking Language' Lands Woman in Jail
Sharna Walker of England sentenced in racially aggravated assault on bouncer
- A British woman will spend Christmas behind bars after a racially charged attack on a nightclub bouncer. Widely shared video footage showed 25-year-old Sharna Walker of Worcester being kicked out of The Figure of Eight bar in Birmingham, England, on May 22. West Midlands Police said she upended furniture before...
High School Football Player
Beaten, 3 Friends Arrested
Dec 11, 2021 1:35 PM CST
High School Football Player Beaten, 3 Friends Arrested
Family is offering a reward for video of the attack
- Three teens have been arrested and charged with attacking a 16-year-old high school football player. The young athlete, Cole Hagan, was at a house party on Dec. 3 when three other kids he knew told him to come outside because his truck had been hit, CBS Austin reports. Cole’s...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
92 Tons of Popular Topping Recalled
Sentencing in Flight Attendant Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
The Clues Were Ingenious, but Staging the Hunt Would Kill Him
Trump Piles On Abbott, Other No-Shows at NRA Meeting
Once the Vatican's No. 2 Man, His Legacy Was Marred
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.