Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Sep 18, 2023 5:35 PM CDT
Marilyn Manson Sentenced on Assault Charge
Judge imposes community service and a fine
- Marilyn Manson received a sentence of 20 hours of community service and a fine on Monday in connection with a 2019 assault in New Hampshire. He had pleaded no contest to a misdemeanor count after reaching a plea deal with prosecutors, the AP reports. Manson, who was accused of blowing...
This Isn't How a
Phone Is to Be Used
May 22, 2023 8:58 AM CDT
This Isn't How a Plane's Intercom Phone Is to Be Used
'Belligerent' Frontier passenger accused of striking flight attendant with phone
- A Frontier Airlines passenger headed from Colorado to Florida delayed her plane's trip to warmer climes and now has an arrest under her belt after a confrontation with a flight attendant. The airline says in a statement that the "belligerent" female passenger on Flight 708 from Denver to...
Fight With Brother
Apr 28, 2023 2:30 AM CDT
Star Surrenders After Alleged Fight With Brother
'Viva La Bam' star Bam Margera maintains his innocence
star Bam Margera surrendered to Pennsylvania State Police on Thursday morning for allegedly punching his brother during an altercation four days earlier at their home in the Philadelphia suburbs, the AP reports. Margera was arraigned and pleaded not guilty, according to his lawyer, Michael van der Veen. “The...
Ex-Fire Commissioner Accused
of Attacking Homeless People
Apr 27, 2023 9:35 AM CDT
Ex-Fire Commissioner Accused of Attacking Homeless People
San Francisco public defender: Don Carmignani may be behind as many as 8 attacks
- Earlier this month, Don Carmignani, San Francisco's ex-fire commissioner, was brutally attacked in the city's Marina District, with cellphone video showing him being beaten by another man wielding some sort of metal weapon. Garret Allen Doty, a 24-year-old homeless man, was arrested in the case and now faces...
'Unprovoked' Assault Sends
TSA Agents to Hospital
Apr 26, 2023 9:25 AM CDT
'Unprovoked' Assault Sends TSA Agents to Hospital
19-year-old woman facing charges in early morning incident at Phoenix airport
- The TSA says a teenage traveler assaulted three of its agents in an "unprovoked" attack at Phoenix's airport on Tuesday, sending two to the hospital, according to the agency. The 19-year-old woman was passing through security screening at Sky Harbor International Airport shortly before 6am when she began...
They Were Visiting Chicago,
Got Attacked by Teen Mob
Apr 20, 2023 1:35 PM CDT
They Were Visiting Chicago, Got Attacked by Teen Mob
Bystander says she 'literally got in front of a police car,' but officers drove around her
- Chicago police have launched an internal investigation after claims that officers drove right by a couple who were being beaten by a mob. Ashley Knutson, 20, and Devontae "DJ" Garrisson-Johnson, 22, were visiting the city from South Carolina on Saturday when they went looking for a place to eat...
Rapper Who Ratted Out
Gang Members Is Attacked
Mar 22, 2023 7:36 AM CDT
Rapper Who Ratted Out Gang Members Is Attacked
Tekashi 6ix9ine beaten by several men inside Florida gym, says lawyer, who urges protection
- The rapper Tekashi 6ix9ine was rushed to a hospital Tuesday after he was beaten by a group of men inside a South Florida gym. The 26-year-old was inside a sauna at an LA Fitness when several men attacked him without warning, his lawyer Lance Lazzaro tells TMZ , which has footage...
Another Chrisley Is in
Trouble With the Law
Mar 15, 2023 7:34 AM CDT
Another Chrisley Is in Trouble With the Law
Kyle Chrisley, son of reality star Todd Chrisley, has been arrested for assault in Tennessee
- We're beginning to think that maybe the Chrisleys don't know best. Not even four months after reality stars Todd and Julie Chrisley were sentenced to time behind bars for fraud and tax evasion, Todd's once-estranged son Kyle, 32, has been arrested in Tennessee. A spokesperson for the...
Kid KOs Teacher's Aide,
Keeps Swinging: Cops
Mar 1, 2023 8:54 AM CST
Kid KOs Teacher's Aide, Keeps Swinging: Cops
17-year-old, charged as an adult, faces up to 30 years in prison if convicted of assault
- With a single move, the student sent the teacher's aide crashing to the floor of Matanzas High School in Palm Coast, Florida, apparently unconscious. But for the next 30 seconds, the 17-year-old male— described as 6'6" and 270 pounds—continued to beat the woman lying unmoving on the...
Woman Fights Off
Attacker in Gym
Feb 16, 2023 6:45 PM CST
Woman Fights Off Attacker in Gym
Hillsborough County Sheriff's Office in Florida praises Nashali Alma
- Dramatic surveillance video from a gym in Tampa shows how a woman fought off an attacker, and the would-be victim is speaking out. “I would tell every woman always to keep fighting, never give up,” 24-year-old Nashali Alma says in a statement provided by the Hillsborough County Sheriff'...
Cops 'Laser-Focused' in Felon
Manhunt in New Torture Case
Jan 27, 2023 1:47 PM CST
Cops 'Laser-Focused' in Felon Manhunt in New Torture Case
Oregon cops are searching for Benjamin Obadiah Foster, suspected of holding woman captive
- Police in southern Oregon were searching Thursday for a man accused of torturing a woman he held captive, less than two years after he was convicted in Nevada of keeping another woman in captivity for weeks before the victim managed to escape. Grants Pass Police Chief Warren Hensman said in...
SF Man Recorded
Turning Hose on
Jan 11, 2023 12:27 PM CST
SF Man Recorded Turning Hose on Homeless Woman
Collier Gwin could face assault charge
- A man filmed hosing down a homeless woman on the streets of San Francisco initially told KGO that he found it "hard to apologize." Indeed, he suggested to the
San Francisco Chronicle
that he'd do it again. A video of Monday's incident quickly went viral , with...
Legislative Brawl in Senegal
Injures Pregnant Lawmaker
Jan 3, 2023 6:38 PM CST
Legislative Brawl in Senegal Injures Pregnant Lawmaker
Two male lawmakers receive jail time
- Two members of parliament in Senegal have been handed six-month jail sentences for attacking a pregnant lawmaker, who suffered a kick to the stomach. Chaos erupted during a budget debate in the National Assembly on Dec. 1. Amy Ndiaye, a member of the ruling Benno Bokk Yakaar coalition, had "...
Stopping a Bully Cost
Her an Eye. Now, Police
Have Made an Arrest
Dec 6, 2022 5:43 PM CST
Stopping a Bully Cost Her an Eye. Now, Police Have Made an Arrest
Suspect was allegedly bullying boy with special needs when victim intervened
- Two weeks ago, 19-year-old Bianca Palomera was working her job as an assistant manager at a Habit Burger Grill in Antioch, California, when someone started bullying another teen with an intellectual disability, according to ABC7 . Palomera intervened, and it cost her an eye. On Tuesday, Antioch police announced the arrest...
Wife Alleges Husband Put
Abortion Drug in Her Water
Nov 11, 2022 7:16 AM CST
Wife Alleges Husband Put Abortion Drug in Her Water
Texas lawyer Mason Herring charged with two felony counts
- A Texas grand jury has indicted a husband accused of slipping a medicine used for abortions into his wife's drinks in hopes that it would end her pregnancy. Mason Herring, a 38-year-old Houston attorney, was indicted on two felony counts, including assault of a pregnant person, under charges handed...
When Told to
Nov 10, 2022 6:57 AM CST
Pelosi Suspect When Told to Drop Hammer: 'Ummm Nope'
Charging document details what happened between Paul Pelosi, suspect in Oct. 28 break-in
- David DePape, the suspect in the attack last month on Paul Pelosi , was indicted Wednesday on charges of assault and attempted kidnapping. Politico notes these charges handed down by a federal grand jury supplant similar ones filed in an earlier complaint . The six-page document details how the San Francisco Police...
Alleged Pelosi Attacker
May Be Deported
Nov 4, 2022 2:25 PM CDT
Alleged Pelosi Attacker May Be Deported
Canadian David DePape was in US illegally after traveling legally here in 2008
- The man suspected of attacking Paul Pelosi , the 82-year-old husband of House Speaker Nancy Pelosi, last Friday isn't in the United States legally, though he came here legally nearly 15 years ago. That's per Department of Homeland Security officials, who said Thursday that 42-year-old Canadian David DePape entered...
Comedian Redd Speaks
Out After NYC Attack
Oct 31, 2022 8:00 AM CDT
Comedian Redd Speaks Out After NYC Attack
'I'm okay and healing fast!!' the 'SNL' alum said in a weekend Instagram story
- Chris Redd is doing all right after an attack outside a New York City comedy club earlier this week that sent him to the hospital. "I've been resting up like crazy but I want to say thank you thank you thank you for all the messages of love,...
Pokemon Go Rival
Oct 27, 2022 8:24 AM CDT
Prosecutors: Father, Son Nearly Drowned Pokemon Go Rival
Robert and Angelo Matteuzzi convicted of felony assault following 'ridiculous' brawl
- Two men from Missouri have been found guilty of assault after a brawl over Pokemon Go that landed the pair and their victim in a lake, along with some teeth. The popular smartphone game sees rival players do virtual battle with Pokemon characters for control of real-life locations known as...
Attack on Rubio Volunteer
Gets a Little Strange
Oct 25, 2022 8:38 AM CDT
Attack on Rubio Volunteer Gets a Little Strange
Victim canvassing for senator has ties to extremist group; Rubio's take also differs from cops'
- An online post from Florida Sen. Marco Rubio about an attack on a man who was canvassing for him over the weekend is now raising eyebrows over both its insinuations and the volunteer who was assaulted. "Last night one of our canvassers wearing my T-shirt and a Desantis hat...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Motherhood May Bring On Interesting Quirk
'Open Secret' at Chicken Slaughterhouses: Kids at Work
In an Unannounced Outing, Carters Attend Plains Festival
He's Erasing a 2012 Murder, One Pitch at a Time
Forget WFH. It's Time to WFG
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.