Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Beyonce, Billie Eilish
Will Sing Nominated
Songs at Oscars
Mar 22, 2022 7:37 PM CDT
Beyonce, Billie Eilish Will Sing Nominated Songs at Oscars
They'll be joined by Reba McEntire, Sebastián Yatra
- Beyonce, Billie Eilish, and other nominees for best original song will perform at Sunday's Oscars, the show's producers announced Tuesday. Beyonce will perform her nominated song "Be Alive" from
, and Eilish and her brother and co-writer Finneas will perform "No Time to Die"
Is Not Having It
Aug 27, 2021 5:00 AM CDT
Diamond Debate? Beyonce's Mom Is Not Having It
Tina Knowles hits back at criticism of her daughter over Tiffany Diamond
- Beyonce made history when she became the first Black woman to wear the Tiffany diamond —but she also sparked controversy. As Karen Attiah points out in the
, there's a disturbing story behind the 128.54 carat yellow diamond, and in the opinion of many, "it...
Beyoncé Is Fourth Woman
to Wear Famous Diamond
Aug 23, 2021 12:32 PM CDT
Beyoncé Is Fourth Woman to Wear Famous Diamond
She wears iconic Tiffany diamond in new campaign for Tiffany & Co.
- Beyoncé has joined diplomat's wife Mary Whitehouse, Audrey Hepburn, and Lady Gaga in a very exclusive club. For a new Tiffany & Co. ad campaign, the singer became the fourth person—and the first Black woman—to wear the famous 128.54-carat Tiffany Diamond, CNN reports. The gem, found...
Here Are Your
Mar 15, 2021 12:03 AM CDT
Here Are Your Grammy Winners
Including Beyonce, who made Grammys history
- Beyonce made history before the Grammys even started Sunday night, winning best rap performance along with Megan Thee Stallion for their remix of "Savage" during the pre-ceremony, the AP reports. That's the first time two women have won in that category, CNN reports. During the awards ceremony, Queen...
Blue Ivy Carter
Makes Grammys History
Mar 14, 2021 11:19 PM CDT
Blue Ivy Carter Makes Grammys History
She's the 2nd-youngest winner ever
- Blue Ivy Carter on Sunday night became the second-youngest Grammy winner of all time. The 9-year-old daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z won (along with her mom and collaborator WizKid) for Queen Bey's "Brown Skin Girl," which took home the best music video award. As the Huffington Post...
Beyoncé, Taylor Swift
Could Have Record Nights
Mar 14, 2021 1:40 PM CDT
Beyoncé, Taylor Swift Could Have Record Nights
'Folklore' is nominated for album of the year, while 'Black Parade' is up for record and song honors
- It could be a night for the history books for Taylor Swift and Beyoncé at Sunday’s Grammy Awards. Swift could become the first woman to win the top prize, album of the year, three times, the AP reports. Her first surprise album of 2020—the folky, alternative adventure
Blue Ivy Gets a Big Nod, Like
Mom and Dad Before Her
Dec 12, 2020 5:30 AM CST
Blue Ivy Gets a Big Nod, Like Mom and Dad Before Her
8-year-old follows in Beyonce, Jay-Z's footsteps with Grammy nomination, for 'Brown Skin Girl'
- Blue Ivy Carter is an official Grammy nominee. When the Recording Academy announced the nominees for the 2021 Grammys last month, Beyonce scored a nomination for best music video for "Brown Skin Girl," for which Ivy Carter is credited as a featured artist. The 8-year-old's name didn'...
Nov 24, 2020 12:38 PM CST
Here Are the Top Grammy Nominees
Beyoncé leads the way with 9, despite not releasing an album
- Beyoncé’s anthem about Black pride scored multiple Grammy nominations Tuesday, making her the leading contender with nine. She picked up song and record of the year bids with “Black Parade,” which she released on Juneteenth, the holiday that commemorates when the last enslaved African Americans learned...
Name Came From?
Sep 17, 2020 6:11 AM CDT
Where Beyonce's Name Came From?
It's her mom's maiden name, and she should've been Beyince instead
- Lots of people name their kids after family members, or even use surnames from further up the family tree. Yet somehow the world is reeling from finding out that's exactly how one of our most famous celebrities got her own moniker. Per
, Tina Knowles-Lawson, the mother of...
Beyonce Delivers a
Loving Ode to Blackness
Jul 31, 2020 11:49 AM CDT
Beyonce Delivers a Loving Ode to Blackness
'Black Is King' is out on Disney+
- Beyonce's single, "Black Parade," which dropped on Juneteenth, was just a peek at what was to come—a "celebratory memoir for the world on the Black experience," according to Disney+. With
Black Is King
, her new visual album released exclusively on the platform, comes "...
Beyonce's Plea: 'Vote Like
Our Life Depends on It'
Jun 29, 2020 2:06 AM CDT
Beyonce's Plea: 'Vote Like Our Life Depends on It'
Sunday's BET Awards ceremony focused on systemic racism, equal rights
- Beyoncé used her platform Sunday while accepting the BET humanitarian award to relay a direct appeal to viewers: Go vote. “Your voices are being heard and you’re proving to our ancestors that their struggles were not in vain,” said the superstar singer at the BET Awards, which...
Jun 15, 2020 12:01 AM CDT
Beyonce Takes a Stand on Breonna Taylor
Singer writes open letter to Kentucky attorney general calling for cops to be charged
- Beyonce has joined the legions of people demanding justice for Breonna Taylor, the Louisville woman shot and killed by police who entered her home on a no-knock warrant while she was asleep. In a letter to Kentucky's attorney general, the singer notes that three months after Taylor's death...
Blue Ivy's 'DIY Experiment'
Is a Hand-Washing PSA
Apr 20, 2020 9:25 AM CDT
Blue Ivy's 'DIY Experiment' Is a Hand-Washing PSA
Celeb daughter illustrates the importance with a bowl of water and pepper
- The latest celebrity name out with a coronavirus PSA is actually the child of celebs. Blue Ivy Carter, the 8-year-old daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z, illustrates the importance of hand-washing in a video posted by her grandmother Tina Knowles, reports Billboard . After sprinkling pepper into a bowl of water, Blue...
Out for Virtual
Apr 19, 2020 5:42 AM CDT
Stars Come Out for Virtual COVID Benefit
'One World: Together At Home' featured Beyonce, Stevie Wonder, more performing from home
- Lady Gaga, Stevie Wonder, Lizzo, Shawn Mendes, and others sang classic songs brimmed with messages of hope and change during a TV special aimed at fighting the coronavirus, while Beyoncé and Alicia Keys spoke passionately about how the virus has disproportionately affected black Americans. Beyoncé made a surprise appearance on...
Jay-Z: That Was No
Protest at Super Bowl
Feb 5, 2020 8:23 AM CST
Jay-Z: That Was No Protest at Super Bowl
The seated rapper-producer was just in 'artist mode'
- One observer figured Jay-Z and Beyonce stayed seated during the national anthem at the Super Bowl in "a pathetic attempt by two calculating businesspeople to win back some credit with fans and protesters" after Jay-Z's entertainment company, Roc Nation, partnered with the NFL. According to Jay-Z, that's...
Journalists Apologize for
Mocking Beyonce's Daughter
Jan 3, 2020 3:55 AM CST
Journalists Apologize for Mocking Beyonce's Daughter
They delete mean tweets about Blue Ivy
- Two journalists have apologized for mocking the appearance of Blue Ivy Carter, Beyonce and Jay-Z's daughter.
film critic K. Austin Collins and
web editor Violet Lucca made the scathing comments Wednesday after rapper Megan Thee Stallion posted photos of herself with Beyonce and Blue Ivy,...
Beyonce's Dad Reveals
Struggle With Breast Cancer
Oct 2, 2019 12:07 AM CDT
Beyonce's Dad Reveals Struggle With Breast Cancer
He shares sad news on GMA
- Mathew Knowles, father of singers Beyonce and Solange, has revealed that he has been diagnosed with breast cancer. In an interview that will air Wednesday, the 67-year-old spoke to
Good Morning America
's Michael Strahan about living with the disease and breaking the news to his family,
'What's the Point?':
4 Takes on
The Lion King
Jul 19, 2019 11:55 AM CDT
'What's the Point?': 4 Takes on
The Lion King
Some critics left disappointed with lack of originality
- It's finally here and, apparently, fails to measure up. Disney's photorealistic remake of
The Lion King
—with Donald Glover as Simba, Beyonce as Nala, James Earl Jones as Mufasa (as in 1994), Seth Rogen as Pumbaa, Billy Eichner as Timon, and Chiwetel Ejiofor as Scar—has just...
Happy Is a Twitter Game
You're Bound to Lose
Jun 25, 2019 11:10 AM CDT
Keeping Beyonce Happy Is a Twitter Game You're Bound to Lose
FYI: Wet hair before a show is a no-no
- Twitter is playing host to a hit new game, all about whether you could survive a day as Beyonce's assistant without getting fired. "They gotta start giving pulitzers for tweets,"
New York Times
reporter Astead W. Herndon wrote of the choose-your-own-adventure-style thread created by 19-year-old student Landon...
She Took Jay-Z's Drink Order.
Then Came the Death Threats
Jun 7, 2019 7:00 AM CDT
She Took Jay-Z's Drink Order. Then Came the Death Threats
Nicole Curran says misinterpreted look on Bey's face at NBA game led to 'cyberbullying'
- Cyberbullying over a citrus slice? That's what Nicole Curran is claiming after an incident at an NBA Finals game Wednesday that she says led to death threats and the deletion of her Instagram account. ESPN reports that Curran, the wife of Golden State Warriors owner Joe Lacob, had been...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Two Words in Roberts' Ruling Signal a Big Fight
Howard Stern Selects His Presidential Running Mate
Kaitlin Armstrong Was Trying to Build New Life in Costa Rica
In Clarence Thomas Opinion, Line About COVID Vaccine, Cells From 'Aborted Children'
Allegations of Witness Tampering Gain Traction
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.