Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Zoo: We've 'Never Experienced
an Accident Like This'
Aug 30, 2023 11:31 AM CDT
Zoo: We've 'Never Experienced an Accident Like This'
Mila, a Siberian tiger at Colorado's Cheyenne Mountain Zoo, suffered injury under anesthesia
- There are thought to be roughly 1,000 Siberian tigers in the world, the majority of those held in captivity. Now, there's one fewer. A critically endangered Siberian tiger held at a Colorado zoo died in a "freak accident" Friday during preparations for a dental procedure, ABC News...
Cops: Teen Arrested After
Disturbing Call From Sister
Apr 7, 2023 9:57 AM CDT
Cops: Teen Arrested After Disturbing Call From Sister
19-year-old accused of planning shootings at multiple schools, churches in Colorado Springs area
- A Colorado teen has been arrested and accused of plotting to "shoot up" schools and churches in the Colorado Springs area. According to an arrest affidavit obtained by the
, the sister of the 19-year-old suspect called authorities on March 31, noting that her sibling was exhibiting violent behavior,...
Club Q Suspect Slammed
With 305 Criminal Counts
Dec 6, 2022 11:37 AM CST
Club Q Suspect Slammed With 305 Criminal Counts
Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, faces murder, hate crime charges after Colorado Springs shooting
- The suspect accused of entering a Colorado gay nightclub clad in body armor and opening fire with an AR-15-style rifle, killing five people and wounding at least 17 others, was charged by prosecutors Tuesday with 305 criminal counts, including hate crimes and murder. Anderson Lee Aldrich, 22, sat upright in...
Suspect in Club Shooting
Is Nonbinary: Lawyers
Nov 23, 2022 6:22 AM CST
Suspect in Club Shooting Is Nonbinary: Lawyers
Anderson Lee Aldrich was Nicholas Brink until changing their name at 15
- The suspect in the Club Q shooting is nonbinary, according to their lawyer. In filing several motions Tuesday, public defenders Joseph Archambault and Michael Bowman added a footnote stating Anderson Lee Aldrich is "nonbinary" and uses "they/them pronouns," reports the
. They are referred to as...
Suspect in Nightclub Attack
Faces Murder, Bias Charges
Nov 21, 2022 4:23 PM CST
Suspect in Nightclub Attack Faces Murder, Bias Charges
Anderson Lee Aldrich isn't talking, Colorado Springs police say
- The suspect in the mass shooting at a Colorado Springs nightclub over the weekend has been charged with five counts of first-degree murder and five counts of bias-motivated crime, court records show. A judge granted a prosecution request on Monday to seal the arrest warrant, NBC News reports. Were the...
Club Patron Hit Shooter
With His Own Gun
Nov 21, 2022 6:30 AM CST
Club Patron Hit Shooter With His Own Gun
At least two Club Q patrons in Colorado hailed as heroes for stopping the assailant
- Reports of the mass shooting in a gay nightclub in Colorado over the weekend brought to mind the 2016 Pulse nightclub shooting in Florida. While Saturday night's attack in Colorado Springs has left five dead, authorities say the total may have been closer to the Pulse toll of 49...
Patrons Thought Club
Was a Safe Space
Nov 20, 2022 5:10 PM CST
Patrons Thought Club Was a Safe Space
'I lost friends,' one witness says after mass shooting
- Witnesses, patrons and President Biden said Sunday that the LGBTQ nightclub attacked by a mass shooter was supposed to be a safe space. Instead, five people in the Colorado Springs club were shot to death and at least 25 wounded, CBS News reports. Police said a 22-year-old male suspect, who...
5 Dead, 18 Hurt in Shooting
at Gay Club in Colorado
Nov 20, 2022 5:24 AM CST
5 Dead, 18 Hurt in Shooting at Gay Club in Colorado
Police say shooter is in custody in Colorado Springs
- A mass shooting at a gay nightclub in Colorado Springs, Colorado, has left five people dead and another 18 injured, reports NBC News . At this point, not much more is known about what happened at Club Q about midnight. However, police say the suspected gunman was located inside, among the...
Walgreens Worker Allegedly
Killed Teen in Break Room
Jun 16, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Walgreens Worker Allegedly Killed Teen in Break Room
Victim Riley Whitelaw, 17, complained about co-worker Joshua Johnson for a year
- A teenage Walgreens employee who reported her co-worker to her boss for making her feel uncomfortable was allegedly killed by that same co-worker in the store's break room. A manager at the store in Colorado Springs called 911 just before 7pm Saturday, saying he'd found a body in...
Reporter Hit by
'95MPH Line Drive'
May 20, 2022 7:32 AM CDT
Reporter Hit by '95MPH Line Drive' Is Recovering
Kelsey Wingert was hit in the head while covering Colorado Rockies game
- Colorado Rockies TV reporter Kelsey Wingert says she is recovering after a foul ball hit her in the head during Monday's game in Denver. "I took a 95 MPH line drive to my head," she tweeted Wednesday night, sharing a photo of her stitches. The 29-year-old, who...
Daycare Owner Sentenced for
Hiding Kids Behind Fake Wall
Oct 23, 2021 12:46 PM CDT
Daycare Owner Sentenced for Hiding Kids Behind Fake Wall
Colorado Springs facility had 25 kids but was licensed for 6
- A woman who kept more than two dozen kids behind a false wall in a basement was sentenced to six years in prison Thursday. Carla Faith was found guilty of 26 counts of child abuse, and some other charges, including running a daycare without a license, in August. Police found...
This Home Listed for $590K
'Is Not for the Faint of Heart'
in case you missed it
Jun 20, 2021 12:15 PM CDT
This Home Listed for $590K 'Is Not for the Faint of Heart'
Nightmare home in Colorado Springs, Colo., has a listing that's grabbing a lot of attention
- If you're going to check out the "investor special" at 4525 Churchill Ct. in Colorado Springs, Colo., don't forget to bring your mask—not because of COVID, but because there's a freezer full of meat in the basement that hasn't had electricity for more than...
Man Who Killed 6 at Party Was
Upset He Wasn't Invited: Cops
May 12, 2021 3:00 AM CDT
Man Who Killed 6 at Party Was Upset He Wasn't Invited: Cops
They say the issue was essentially one of domestic violence
- The man who fatally shot six people at a family birthday party in Colorado Springs over the weekend was angry he hadn't been invited, police said. "At the core of this horrific act is domestic violence," the police chief said Tuesday, noting the gunman, who also took...
Here's Where Millennials Are
Flocking to Across America
Apr 17, 2021 1:20 PM CDT
Here's Where Millennials Are Flocking to Across America
The 25-to-39 set is defecting from big cities to smaller ones
- Before the pandemic, millennials were already starting to ditch America's biggest cities, leaving New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles for opportunities in cozier urban enclaves, per CNBC . COVID hasn't changed that trend, and SmartAsset wanted to see which smaller cities draw the demographic of those ages 25 to...
Trump Made 'Misguided'
Space Command Call: Governor
Jan 14, 2021 7:14 AM CST
Trump Made 'Misguided' Space Command Call: Governor
Colorado's Jared Polis says HQ is being moved as a Trump reward to Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville
- Tommy Tuberville, Alabama's newest GOP senator, may have just seen a big nod from President Trump, at least according to Colorado Gov. Jared Polis. The Democratic governor and other leaders from both parties in his state are slamming a decision to relocate Space Command headquarters from its temporary digs...
Here Are the
10 Best Cities for
Jobs in America
Jan 5, 2021 11:24 AM CST
Here Are the 10 Best Cities for Jobs in America
South Burlington, Vt., looks better than most
- The job market hasn't been great over the past year, mainly due to the COVID pandemic. As people start the new year off trying to make a fresh start, however, some locations across the country may offer better chances at employment than others. WalletHub took a look at more...
DNA Solves 1999 Cold Case
Dec 13, 2020 9:55 AM CST
DNA Solves 1999 Cold Case Hospital Slaying
Cops used a public genetic genealogy database
- The 1999 murder of a 23-year-old Colorado woman whose body was found wrapped in plastic in the stairwell of the hospital where she worked has finally been solved. Per Fox News , Colorado Springs police announced Wednesday that they finally found the man who murdered Jennifer Watkins over two decades ago,...
Missing Boy's Stepmom Left
Home With Him, Returned Alone
Feb 5, 2020 7:54 AM CST
Missing Boy's Stepmom Left Home With Him, Returned Alone
Leticia Stauch was last person to see 11-year-old Gannon on Jan. 27
- The search for an 11-year-old boy reported missing a week ago in Colorado Springs is intensifying, with surveillance video seeming to contradict the initial version of events offered by his stepmother. Leticia Stauch reported Gannon Stauch missing on Jan. 27, telling authorities he had left his home in the Lorson...
Stabbing Spree Leaves 8
Injured in Colorado Springs
Jan 13, 2020 9:34 AM CST
Stabbing Spree Leaves 8 Injured in Colorado Springs
Suspect reportedly detained by victims
- Police in Colorado say eight people were stabbed in a string of apparently random attacks overnight in Colorado Springs. All eight were taken to hospitals, and there's no word yet on the severity of their injuries, reports KDVR . The suspect was being held by victims when officers arrived, police...
Daycare Owner Arrested After
Cops Look Behind False Wall
Dec 27, 2019 5:13 AM CST
Daycare Owner Arrested After Cops Look Behind False Wall
Police found 26 kids in basement area
- A Colorado woman accused of hiding 26 children behind a false wall at her daycare center was arrested for investigation of misdemeanor child abuse, police said Thursday. Carla Faith, 58, was arrested Monday in Colorado Springs on suspicion of two counts of reckless child abuse without injury and a single...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
She Ditched Broadway Dreams, Became Flo From Progressive
Pentagon: US Ships Were Attacked in Red Sea
Your Walking Speed Affects Health Benefits
America's Avocado Habit Is Wreaking Havoc in Mexico
'Unapproved' Schools Illustrate an Education Trend
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We're glad you're here.
As an ad-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
To read our stories, you'll
need to tweak one thing.
OK, tell me what to do
If you're using:
An ad-blocker, please whitelist Newser
by clicking the ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(Examples: Adblock Plus
, and Ghostery
A DuckDuckGo extension in your browser, please access Newser without it: Either by removing it, whitelisting us, or using another browser.
Thanks so much.