Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Walgreens Worker Allegedly
Killed Teen in Break Room
Jun 16, 2022 10:45 AM CDT
Walgreens Worker Allegedly Killed Teen in Break Room
Victim Riley Whitelaw, 17, complained about co-worker Joshua Johnson for a year
- A teenage Walgreens employee who reported her co-worker to her boss for making her feel uncomfortable was allegedly killed by that same co-worker in the store's break room. A manager at the store in Colorado Springs called 911 just before 7pm Saturday, saying he'd found a body in...
Reporter Hit by
'95MPH Line Drive'
May 20, 2022 7:32 AM CDT
Reporter Hit by '95MPH Line Drive' Is Recovering
Kelsey Wingert was hit in the head while covering Colorado Rockies game
- Colorado Rockies TV reporter Kelsey Wingert says she is recovering after a foul ball hit her in the head during Monday's game in Denver. "I took a 95 MPH line drive to my head," she tweeted Wednesday night, sharing a photo of her stitches. The 29-year-old, who...
Daycare Owner Sentenced for
Hiding Kids Behind Fake Wall
Oct 23, 2021 12:46 PM CDT
Daycare Owner Sentenced for Hiding Kids Behind Fake Wall
Colorado Springs facility had 25 kids but was licensed for 6
- A woman who kept more than two dozen kids behind a false wall in a basement was sentenced to six years in prison Thursday. Carla Faith was found guilty of 26 counts of child abuse, and some other charges, including running a daycare without a license, in August. Police found...
This Home Listed for $590K
'Is Not for the Faint of Heart'
in case you missed it
Jun 20, 2021 12:15 PM CDT
This Home Listed for $590K 'Is Not for the Faint of Heart'
Nightmare home in Colorado Springs, Colo., has a listing that's grabbing a lot of attention
- If you're going to check out the "investor special" at 4525 Churchill Ct. in Colorado Springs, Colo., don't forget to bring your mask—not because of COVID, but because there's a freezer full of meat in the basement that hasn't had electricity for more than...
Man Who Killed 6 at Party Was
Upset He Wasn't Invited: Cops
May 12, 2021 3:00 AM CDT
Man Who Killed 6 at Party Was Upset He Wasn't Invited: Cops
They say the issue was essentially one of domestic violence
- The man who fatally shot six people at a family birthday party in Colorado Springs over the weekend was angry he hadn't been invited, police said. "At the core of this horrific act is domestic violence," the police chief said Tuesday, noting the gunman, who also took...
Here's Where Millennials Are
Flocking to Across America
Apr 17, 2021 1:20 PM CDT
Here's Where Millennials Are Flocking to Across America
The 25-to-39 set is defecting from big cities to smaller ones
- Before the pandemic, millennials were already starting to ditch America's biggest cities, leaving New York, Chicago, and Los Angeles for opportunities in cozier urban enclaves, per CNBC . COVID hasn't changed that trend, and SmartAsset wanted to see which smaller cities draw the demographic of those ages 25 to...
Trump Made 'Misguided'
Space Command Call: Governor
Jan 14, 2021 7:14 AM CST
Trump Made 'Misguided' Space Command Call: Governor
Colorado's Jared Polis says HQ is being moved as a Trump reward to Alabama Sen. Tommy Tuberville
- Tommy Tuberville, Alabama's newest GOP senator, may have just seen a big nod from President Trump, at least according to Colorado Gov. Jared Polis. The Democratic governor and other leaders from both parties in his state are slamming a decision to relocate Space Command headquarters from its temporary digs...
Here Are the
10 Best Cities for
Jobs in America
Jan 5, 2021 11:24 AM CST
Here Are the 10 Best Cities for Jobs in America
South Burlington, Vt., looks better than most
- The job market hasn't been great over the past year, mainly due to the COVID pandemic. As people start the new year off trying to make a fresh start, however, some locations across the country may offer better chances at employment than others. WalletHub took a look at more...
DNA Solves 1999 Cold Case
Dec 13, 2020 9:55 AM CST
DNA Solves 1999 Cold Case Hospital Slaying
Cops used a public genetic genealogy database
- The 1999 murder of a 23-year-old Colorado woman whose body was found wrapped in plastic in the stairwell of the hospital where she worked has finally been solved. Per Fox News , Colorado Springs police announced Wednesday that they finally found the man who murdered Jennifer Watkins over two decades ago,...
Missing Boy's Stepmom Left
Home With Him, Returned Alone
Feb 5, 2020 7:54 AM CST
Missing Boy's Stepmom Left Home With Him, Returned Alone
Leticia Stauch was last person to see 11-year-old Gannon on Jan. 27
- The search for an 11-year-old boy reported missing a week ago in Colorado Springs is intensifying, with surveillance video seeming to contradict the initial version of events offered by his stepmother. Leticia Stauch reported Gannon Stauch missing on Jan. 27, telling authorities he had left his home in the Lorson...
Stabbing Spree Leaves 8
Injured in Colorado Springs
Jan 13, 2020 9:34 AM CST
Stabbing Spree Leaves 8 Injured in Colorado Springs
Suspect reportedly detained by victims
- Police in Colorado say eight people were stabbed in a string of apparently random attacks overnight in Colorado Springs. All eight were taken to hospitals, and there's no word yet on the severity of their injuries, reports KDVR . The suspect was being held by victims when officers arrived, police...
Daycare Owner Arrested After
Cops Look Behind False Wall
Dec 27, 2019 5:13 AM CST
Daycare Owner Arrested After Cops Look Behind False Wall
Police found 26 kids in basement area
- A Colorado woman accused of hiding 26 children behind a false wall at her daycare center was arrested for investigation of misdemeanor child abuse, police said Thursday. Carla Faith, 58, was arrested Monday in Colorado Springs on suspicion of two counts of reckless child abuse without injury and a single...
This Is How You Rob
a Bank at Christmas
Dec 25, 2019 7:42 AM CST
This Is How You Rob a Bank at Christmas
You could start tossing wads of cash in the air and screaming 'Merry Christmas!'
- If you're going to rob a bank around Christmas, you might as well resemble Santa, flee your targeted bank tossing wads of cash in the air while screaming "Merry Christmas!," then quietly head to a nearby Starbucks to await the proper authorities. Gentle reader, KKTV brings you...
a Factor in
Feb 14, 2019 6:22 AM CST
Sports Store's Nike Boycott a Factor in Its Demise
'This was about principle,' says Prime Time Sports owner Stephen Martin
- A man's counter-protest to Colin Kaepernick's taking a knee is putting his sports store out of business . Stephen Martin, owner of Prime Time Sports in Colorado Springs, opted to drop all Nike gear after Nike debuted its 30th anniversary ad campaign featuring Kaepernick last fall. Now, he can...
Looking for a Paycheck?
Here's Where There's Work
Jan 3, 2019 4:44 PM CST
Looking for a Paycheck? Here's Where There's Work
WalletHub ranks US cities with the best prospects
- New year, new you, new ... job? If you've been looking to switch things up employer-wise, January seems like a good month to start putting feelers out, and a good time overall: The Bureau of Labor Statistics' most recent jobs report notes the national unemployment rate has fallen to 3....
Hailstorm Brings 'Massive
Loss' for Colorado Zoo
Aug 8, 2018 8:00 AM CDT
Hailstorm Brings 'Massive Loss' for Colorado Zoo
Endangered vulture among 2 animals killed
- Hail the size of golf balls and softballs pummeled a Colorado zoo on Monday, leaving 14 people injured and two animals dead, including one of roughly 20 endangered vultures known to be in the US. The 13-year-old female Cape vulture, dubbed Motswari, arrived at the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo in Colorado...
A Bride-to-Be and Her Fiance
Celebrated. Hours Later, Death
Jul 25, 2018 1:52 PM CDT
A Bride-to-Be and Her Fiance Celebrated. Hours Later, Death
Jacqueline Souza charged with 2nd-degree murder after pair allegedly argued over infidelity
- After leaving a celebration of the couple's pending nuptials, a bride-to-be fatally stabbed her fiance over a potential wedding guest, according to police. Jacqueline Souza, 31, called 911 from a home in Colorado Springs shortly after midnight Saturday, soon after leaving a local bar. When authorities arrived, they found...
10 Best Big US
Cities to Call Home
Jul 23, 2018 9:10 AM CDT
10 Best Big US Cities to Call Home
The West Coast looks good
- Thinking of setting down roots and only a major metropolis will do? WalletHub took a close look at the 62 biggest cities in the US (those with at least 300,000 people) to see which ones offer the most attractive options, pitting the pros against the cons of urban living....
Air Force Chief Tells
Cadets to Record
Sep 29, 2017 5:00 AM CDT
Air Force Chief Tells Cadets to Record His Warning on Phones
'You should be outraged,' he said after n-word is scrawled at school
- "If you can't treat someone from another race or a different color skin with dignity and respect, then you need to get out," Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria barked at 4,000 cadets at the US Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colo., on Thursday. His message came...
Cops: Woman Won't Stop
Pooping While Jogging
Sep 20, 2017 12:33 AM CDT
Cops: Woman Won't Stop Pooping While Jogging
They call her the 'Mad Pooper'
- This probably isn't the top priority for law enforcement, but it's got to be at least No. 2. CBS Denver reports a female jogger has been terrorizing a Colorado Springs neighborhood with random acts of pooping for nearly two months. "'Are you really taking a poop...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
Collins on Roe Ruling: 'I Feel Misled'
Garland Warns States About Abortion Pills
Missing at Sea for 11 Days, Va. Couple Emerges
Experts Are Raising Eyebrows at Laundrie Confession
Drought Ruins Crops, Shuts Off Milan's Fountains
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.