Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Delta Air Lines
Stories 1 - 20 |
Millions of Bees Die After
Flight to Alaska Rerouted
May 2, 2022 5:32 PM CDT
Millions of Bees Die After Flight to Alaska Rerouted
Atlanta-area beekeepers rushed to rescue survivors
- For human passengers, having a Delta Air Lines flight rerouted through the airline's Atlanta hub might be annoying. For millions of bees that were being sent from California to Alaska, it was fatal. Sarah McElrae, who runs a business that supplies Alaskan beekeepers and pollination services, tells the
FBI: Man Blamed
His Homophobia for
Attack on Flight Attendant
Apr 27, 2022 5:40 PM CDT
FBI: Man Blamed His Homophobia for Attack on Flight Attendant
He allegedly assaulted attendant in first class on Delta flight
- A Delta Air Lines passenger accused of attacking a flight attendant in first class gave FBI investigators an "excuse" that isn't going to help his case. According to a criminal complaint, Christopher Alexander Morgan told investigators that "he is homophobic and that it is possible he could...
Delta Makes Big Move to
Keep Flight Attendants Happy
Apr 26, 2022 3:13 PM CDT
Delta Makes Big Move to Keep Flight Attendants Happy
Airline will be the first in the US to pay flight attendants during boarding
- Unlike most flight attendants at other major airlines, Delta Air Lines flight attendants aren't unionized—and the company may be trying to keep them that way with an offer to pay them during boarding, which would be a first for a US airline. Flight attendants are usually paid starting...
Airline Stocks Jump After
Upbeat News From Delta
Apr 13, 2022 3:39 PM CDT
Airline Stocks Jump After Upbeat News From Delta
Airline reports strong revenue, bookings
- Stocks closed higher on Wall Street Wednesday as investors reviewed the latest round of corporate earnings and an upbeat report from Delta Air Lines that bodes well for the travel industry. The S&P 500 rose 49.14 points, or 1.1%, to 4,446.59. The Dow Jones Industrial...
Here's One Thing You Definitely
Don't Want to Hear Midflight
Apr 1, 2022 10:58 AM CDT
Here's One Thing You Definitely Don't Want to Hear Midflight
Delta passengers were told windshield had shattered before being safely diverted
- A flight from Salt Lake City to DC made an unexpected landing this week, with passengers now expressing gratitude that things didn't turn out much worse. While a statement from Delta Air Lines to ABC4 simply notes that the Thursday flight was safely diverted to Denver after a "...
Feb 16, 2022 7:05 AM CST
Disruption on Delta Flight Involves a Strange Vaccine Plot
Suspect says he wanted other passengers to record him sharing his views
- A man who wanted to share his views on the COVID vaccine is accused of disrupting a Delta Air Lines flight Friday. During the flight from Salt Lake City to Portland, Ore., Michael Brandon Demarre, 32, allegedly tried to open the plane's emergency exit, the
Put Unruly Passengers on
'No-Fly' List, Airline Urges
Feb 5, 2022 5:05 PM CST
Put Unruly Passengers on 'No-Fly' List, Airline Urges
Delta asks attorney general to blacklist convicted customers
- Delta Air Lines has asked Attorney General Merrick Garland to establish a federal "no-fly" list and to put any passenger convicted of disrupting a flight on it. "This action will help prevent future incidents and serve as a strong symbol of the consequences of not complying with crew...
Is the Best
of All Major
Jan 28, 2022 10:30 AM CST
This Airline Is the Best of All Major US Carriers
'WSJ' puts Delta at the top of its annual list, JetBlue at the bottom
- Between industrywide woes , unruly passengers , and sharing a name with a coronavirus variant, one could say the pandemic has not been kind to Delta Air Lines. Now, a bit of good news has come Delta's way, as it takes the top spot in the
Wall Street Journal
Flier Arrested After Allegedly
Mooning Flight Attendant
Jan 23, 2022 5:15 AM CST
Flier Arrested After Allegedly Mooning Flight Attendant
Shane McInerney was flying from Dublin to New York
- A 29-year-old Irish man's alleged behavior on a flight to New York could potentially end in serious prison time. Shane McInerney departed from Dublin on a Jan. 7 Delta flight, an initial leg in a journey that was to end in Florida, where he planned to start a job...
Passengers in NC Plane
Landing Got a Wild Ride
Jan 22, 2022 10:00 AM CST
Passengers in NC Plane Landing Got a Wild Ride
No injuries after Delta Air Lines flight skidded off runway in snow, rolled right into mud
- States in the South have been hit with some extreme winter weather of late, and the snow coming down Friday evening in North Carolina led to a scary incident for one plane arriving at Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Per NBC News , Delta Air Lines Flight 5501 had just safely touched down...
Airlines Have a Dire
Warning on 5G Rollout
Jan 18, 2022 6:48 AM CST
Airlines Have a Dire Warning on 5G Rollout
They say it could lead to 'catastrophic' flight disruptions
- Verizon and AT&T are set to deploy new 5G service Wednesday—and in a letter to federal officials Monday, major airlines warned there could be "catastrophic" consequences. As Axios notes, the dispute between the airlines and the wireless companies has been going on a while, with the aviation...
Plane Fight Started With
Comment About Rosa Parks
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT
Jan 1, 2022 4:50 PM CST
Plane Fight Started With Comment About Rosa Parks
Video shows altercation between a male and female Delta passenger
More details are emerging about the Los Angeles woman who allegedly hit and spit on a male passenger on a Dec. 23 Delta flight, including that she is now facing a federal assault charge. CNN reports Patricia Cornwall, 51, was allegedly returning from the bathroom when she found the...
Delta Flight to China Turns Back
Dec 28, 2021 11:30 AM CST
Delta Flight to China Turns Back
Airline blames new COVID cleaning rules at Shanghai airport
- With coronavirus cases climbing and the Winter Olympics in Beijing nearing, China is rigorously following its zero COVID policies. Delta Air Lines has blamed one of the strategies at the Shanghai airport after a flight from Seattle turned around, midair, last week, rather than continue on to China, CNN reports....
Dec 24, 2021 6:56 AM CST
Thanks, Omicron: Hundreds of Christmas Eve Flights Canceled
United, Delta, and Alaska are canceling flights
- Not exactly what holiday travelers want to hear the day before Christmas Eve: Three airlines announced Thursday they were canceling flights for the following day due to the omicron variant of COVID-19. United Airlines canceled more than 150 flights, saying "the nationwide spike in omicron cases this week has...
Cops: Air Marshal Tried to Help,
but Flier Assaulted Him, Too
Dec 10, 2021 11:25 AM CST
Cops: Air Marshal Tried to Help, but Flier Assaulted Him, Too
Ariel Pennington arrested after 'unruly' behavior on Delta flight
- Another report of a dust-up in the air, this time on a Delta flight that departed from Washington, DC, Thursday night. It was bound for Los Angeles but ended up landing in Oklahoma City, where Police Capt. Arthur Gregory told CNN a passenger assaulted a flight attendant and then assaulted...
in S&P 500
Oct 13, 2021 3:48 PM CDT
Delta Was Biggest Loser in S&P 500
Airline drops 5.8% after warning that fuel, labor costs could hit profits
- Stocks ended another day of choppy trading modestly higher Wednesday, enough to break a three-day losing streak for the S&P 500. The benchmark index rose 0.3%. Delta Air Lines fell 5.8%, the most in the S&P 500, after warning that higher fuel and labor costs could...
After Airline's New Penalty,
More Workers Get Shots
Sep 10, 2021 10:36 AM CDT
After Airline's New Penalty, More Workers Get Shots
Delta imposes $200 monthly surcharge on the unvaccinated
- Delta Air Lines' push to have unvaccinated workers get the jab appears to be working. Some 20% of the airline's unvaccinated employees have received a coronavirus vaccine in the two weeks since Delta announced that unvaccinated workers who get health insurance through the airline will face a $200 monthly...
Unvaccinated Delta Workers
to Pay $200 Monthly Charge
Aug 25, 2021 10:09 AM CDT
Unvaccinated Delta Workers to Pay $200 Monthly Charge
That's a health insurance surcharge
- Delta employees don't have to be vaccinated like United employees do , but those who aren't will have to jump through some hoops. Specifically:
The company on Wednesday announced that as of today, unvaccinated employees will have to be masked in Delta's offices.
As of Sept. 12, unvaccinated
Eerie, Apocalyptic Note
Found in Delta Cockpit
Jun 13, 2021 2:24 PM CDT
Eerie, Apocalyptic Note Found in Delta Cockpit
The last pilot off the plane in March 2020 left a message for the next people in the cockpit
- When the coronavirus first surged and lockdowns were expected to be brief, a Delta Airlines pilot left a note for the next person to take his seat. That cockpit note became a time capsule undisturbed for 435 days. When Chris Dennis first wrote it—and posted it on Facebook —...
Passengers Take Down Man
Who Threatened Delta Flight
Jun 12, 2021 11:44 AM CDT
Passengers Take Down Man Who Threatened Delta Flight
An off-duty pilot helped subdue a passenger who appeared to be having a mental health crisis
- A planeload of people bound for Atlanta from Los Angeles had to take an unexpected detour to Oklahoma City, in the latest in a wave of in-flight violent incidents . A man on Delta Flight 1730 freaked out, made terroristic threats, and attacked a couple of flight attendants, the
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
92 Tons of Popular Topping Recalled
Sentencing in Flight Attendant Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
The Clues Were Ingenious, but Staging the Hunt Would Kill Him
Trump Piles On Abbott, Other No-Shows at NRA Meeting
Once the Vatican's No. 2 Man, His Legacy Was Marred
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.