Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
Stories 1 - 20 |
Killer Walks Free
Nov 23, 2021 10:40 AM CST
Meredith Kercher's Killer Walks Free
Rudy Guede, who maintains his innocence, served just 13 years
- The only person with a lasting conviction in the 2007 murder of British student Meredith Kercher is free. If you don't know the name Rudy Guede, blame the fiasco that was the murder conviction of Amanda Knox. Whereas Knox and former Italian boyfriend Raffaele Sollecito were convicted in Kercher'...
Amanda Knox Shares Photo of
Her Baby—for the Last Time
Oct 25, 2021 12:29 AM CDT
Amanda Knox Shares Photo of Her Baby—for the Last Time
The author and activist announces the birth of her daughter
Amanda Knox announced the birth of her daughter with a photo on Instagram —the only one she'll ever share on social media. "Since my exoneration, I've struggled to reclaim my identity and protect the people I love from being exploited as tabloid content. It's...
Reaction to Film:
'Does My Name
Belong to Me?"
Jul 30, 2021 2:25 PM CDT
Amanda Knox's Reaction to Film: 'Does My Name Belong to Me?"
She blasts 'Stillwater,' starring Matt Damon
- The so-so reviews are in for the new film
, and now Amanda Knox has panned the whole project. The film is fiction and doesn't set out to portray what happened to Knox, an American who was convicted, then acquitted, of the murder of her roommate in Italy. In...
Nov 4, 2020 10:35 AM CST
Amanda Knox's Cringey Joke Draws Backlash
Maybe she should've left her own history out of it
- With tensions high on election night, many people were making anxiety-induced posts and jokes online, and Amanda Knox was one of them. But while her late-night tweet received some thumbs-up, it also drew backlash for what many say was insensitivity to both other voters and to the woman she was...
Cops: Death of Murdered
Student's Father 'Unexplained'
Feb 10, 2020 2:11 AM CST
Cops: Death of Murdered Student's Father 'Unexplained'
John Kercher suffered fatal injuries in suspected hit-and-run in London
- More heartbreak for the Kercher family: John Kercher, father of murdered British student Meredith Kercher, has died after a suspected hit-and-run near his London home. The 77-year-old journalist and children's book author was found on the sidewalk in Croydon, south London on Jan. 13 with injuries including a broken...
Is Ready for
Oct 31, 2019 10:05 AM CDT
Amanda Knox Is Ready for Your Questions
She's to write an advice column for 'Westside Seattle'
- Have a question for Amanda Knox? Now's a good time to ask. The 32-year-old Seattle native is getting her own advice column in the weekly newspaper
, which the
reports is published by family of her husband. Already listed as a contributing writer and photographer with the...
Amanda Knox Tells Media
to 'Go Back to the 1300s'
Aug 2, 2019 2:48 PM CDT
Amanda Knox Tells Media to 'Go Back to the 1300s'
She's already married but explains real wedding hasn't yet occurred
- Turns out Amanda Knox was already married before she began asking for help funding her intergalactic-themed wedding—though she insists "tabloids" are blowing this all out of proportion, AFP reports. On July 20, Knox posted an Instagram video asking fans to "check out" a wedding notice titled "...
Amanda Knox Is Crowdfunding
a Very Unusual Wedding
Jul 23, 2019 7:57 AM CDT
Amanda Knox Is Crowdfunding a Very Unusual Wedding
Time travel could be possible at space-themed nuptials—for $100
- Having spent her wedding fund on a return trip to Italy and detour to the French Riviera, Amanda Knox is asking well-wishers to contribute up to $10,000 each for her nuptials, per the Daily Beast . "Instead of a traditional registry, we are asking for donations towards the cost...
Knox: I'm Not a 'Cunning
... Drug-Addicted Whore'
Jun 15, 2019 10:00 AM CDT
Knox: I'm Not a 'Cunning ... Drug-Addicted Whore'
She targets the media and prosecutors upon her return to Italy
- Taking the stage Saturday at an Italian conference on justice, Amanda Knox accused the media of having built a false narrative around her during her yearslong murder trial and appeals process, depicting her as guilty even though she was eventually acquitted, the AP reports. The former exchange student from the...
Media Swarm as
Amanda Knox Returns to Italy
Jun 13, 2019 11:26 AM CDT
Media Swarm as Amanda Knox Returns to Italy
She'll speak on 'trial by media' at Saturday conference
- Amanda Knox is facing her fears . The former exchange student who was convicted, then acquitted, of killing roommate Meredith Kercher in Italy in 2007 stepped foot in that country Thursday for the first time since her release from prison eight years ago, per NBC News . The 31-year-old journalist will "...
Says She Will
Return to Italy
Mar 26, 2019 6:48 AM CDT
Amanda Knox Says She Will Return to Italy
She says she needs to face her fears to heal
- Nobody could blame Amanda Knox if she decided never to return to Italy: After going to Perugia as an exchange student in 2007, her roommate was gruesomely killed and she spent the next eight years fighting murder charges. But Knox, who spent nearly four years in Italian prisons, says she...
Jokes About Murder
Feb 27, 2019 1:01 PM CST
Amanda Knox Jokes About Murder on Instagram
Reactions are, not surprisingly, mixed
- Amanda Knox recently found herself wrongly accused of murder again, although this time it was during a murder mystery dinner party with friends. "Victorian London: A priceless painting goes missing and the owner is found both poisoned and stabbed. And would you believe it, I, the Countess of Lovelace,...
Another Win in
Jan 24, 2019 6:54 AM CST
Court Gives Amanda Knox Another Win in Murder Case
Italy must pay her $20K for failure to provide lawyer and interpreter in 2007
- Amanda Knox has scored another legal victory in Italy related to her 2007 arrest after the murder of her roommate. The European Human Rights Court said Thursday that Italy must pay Knox nearly $20,000 because it did not provide her with an attorney or interpreter during her questioning, reports...
Amanda Knox Opens Up on
Anniversary of Kercher's Death
Nov 1, 2017 2:11 PM CDT
Amanda Knox Opens Up on Anniversary of Kercher's Death
'Sometimes innocent people suffer'
- Amanda Knox has a lot of memories of Meredith Kercher: grocery shopping, sunbathing, drinking espresso, Kercher's accent, buying vintage dresses. But Knox also remembers "the last time I saw her, 10 years ago today, slinging her purse over her shoulder and waving goodbye to me on her way...
Amanda Knox Weighs In on
Sentence in Suicide Texts Case
Aug 4, 2017 7:04 AM CDT
Amanda Knox Weighs In on Sentence in Suicide Texts Case
Says Michelle Carter needs our 'sympathy,' not a stint behind bars
- Michelle Carter will serve 15 months in prison for her role in boyfriend Conrad Roy's suicide, but one high-profile person who herself has known the inside of a jail cell says incarceration isn't what Carter needs. Amanda Knox, who spent four years in an Italian prison before she...
Amanda Knox Thanks Trump
for Support, but There's a Catch
May 4, 2017 9:51 AM CDT
Amanda Knox Thanks Trump for Support, but There's a Catch
That doesn't mean she has to back him as president, she writes
- When Amanda Knox was fighting her murder conviction in Italy, Donald Trump not only publicly defended her innocence but donated to her defense, she writes in the
Los Angeles Times
. When Trump ran for president, however, Knox supported Hillary Clinton and wrote columns against his policies. As a result, Trump...
Feb 16, 2017 10:03 AM CST
Amanda Knox: Prison Affairs Aren't All About Sex
She opens up about same-sex kiss in essay
- "Contrary to what you might guess, many prison relationships aren't about sex—just like most relationships outside of prison," writes Amanda Knox. In a piece for Broadly , part of a series meant to debunk myths about love, Knox writes that she begrudgingly became part of a same-sex...
Amanda Knox: The
'Condemnation Doesn't Stop'
Oct 24, 2016 8:53 AM CDT
Amanda Knox: The 'Condemnation Doesn't Stop'
'Every day for the past 9 years I've been called a slut and murderer by total strangers,' Knox writes
- Being cleared of murdering her roommate wasn't exactly easy. But the hard part, Amanda Knox says, is living under siege and constant shaming. "I have learned that condemnation doesn’t stop once you’re found innocent," Knox writes in
. "From the moment I walked...
Comes to the
Sep 30, 2016 6:03 PM CDT
Comes to the Obvious Conclusion
The new true-crime documentary was released Friday on Netflix
- As befitting one of the most talked-about crimes of the past decade, the Meredith Kercher murder and ensuing Amanda Knox saga are the subject of a new true-crime documentary.
, released Friday on Netflix, has a 91% fresh rating on Rotten Tomatoes . It opens with Knox herself looking at...
Raffaele Sollecito's New Gig
Makes a Whole Lot of Sense
Apr 6, 2016 2:01 PM CDT
Raffaele Sollecito's New Gig Makes a Whole Lot of Sense
Amanda Knox's ex is now a TV crime expert
- Raffaele Sollecito spent seven years—four of them in jail—on trial for the 2007 murder of Meredith Kercher, the roommate of his now-ex-girlfriend Amanda Knox , the
reports. Well, all that time getting ground up by the Italian legal system is finally paying off. According to NBC News...
Stories 1 - 20 |
Popular on Newser
92 Tons of Popular Topping Recalled
Sentencing in Flight Attendant Assault a 'Very Strong Message'
The Clues Were Ingenious, but Staging the Hunt Would Kill Him
Trump Piles On Abbott, Other No-Shows at NRA Meeting
Once the Vatican's No. 2 Man, His Legacy Was Marred
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.