Log into your Newser account
Joined Newser on:
Find what you're looking for
More about Newser:
Want to contribute?
Suggest a Story
Get our apps:
Install our app:
in 'Triple Trouble'
After Latest Stunt
Oct 1, 2020 9:50 AM CDT
'French Spiderman' in 'Triple Trouble' After Latest Stunt
Alain Robert climbed a 545-foot-high skyscraper in Frankfurt, Germany, wearing cowboy boots
- German police say urban climber Alain Robert faces a criminal investigation and fine after scaling one of Frankfurt's tallest buildings on Thursday. Robert, known as the "French Spiderman" for his daring stunts, clambered to the top of rail company Deutsche Bahn's 545-foot-high office building in Germany's...
Jan 29, 2019 11:30 AM CST
'French Spiderman' Strikes Again
Alain Robert arrested at GT International Tower in Philippines
- "French Spiderman" Alain Robert was rather nonchalant about his arrest Tuesday for scaling a 710-foot-tall skyscraper in the Philippines. "There isn't any scandal ... Hopefully everything should be OK by tomorrow," the 56-year-old told CNN , noting he was "entertaining people for free" for 1.5 hours....
Arrested in Britain
Oct 26, 2018 2:50 PM CDT
'French Spiderman' Arrested in Britain
Alain Robert pleaded guilty to causing a public nuisance
- French urban climber Alain Robert has been banned from climbing any building in Britain after scaling one of London's tallest skyscrapers without ropes—and without permission, the AP reports. Robert climbed the 662-foot Heron Tower on Thursday as police cordoned off the building, closed roads, and ushered spectators away....
Legendary Climber Stopped
Halfway Up Skyscraper
Jun 7, 2018 7:31 AM CDT
Legendary Climber Stopped Halfway Up Skyscraper
Alain Robert was trying to scale world's 5th-tallest building in Seoul
- A climber renowned for scaling skyscrapers instead of mountains got busted about halfway up the world's fifth-tallest building on Wednesday. Alain Robert, a 55-year-old known as the "French Spider-Man," had been trying to climb the 123-story Lotte World Tower in Seoul with his bare hands—and no...
Dubai's Monster Tower
Mar 28, 2011 4:00 PM CDT
'Spider-Man' Climbing Dubai's Monster Tower
France's Alain Robert is going up another one
- Alain Robert, known as "Spider-man" for his penchant for illegally scaling the world's tallest skyscrapers, is on his way up the world's tallest: Dubai's dizzying half-mile-tall Burj Khalifa. The 48-year-old Frenchman set off just before 6pm local time, and the trip up was expected to take him six or...
Climber Kicks Society's Ass,
One Skyscraper at a Time
Apr 15, 2009 4:10 PM CDT
Climber Kicks Society's Ass, One Skyscraper at a Time
- Some revile Alain Robert, the so-called “French Spiderman,” for his globetrotting, skyscraper-ascending exploits. But to the many who hold him in esteem, the
reports, he is simply “badass.” When he scaled the New York Times building last year, one fan was beside himself. “...
Jun 5, 2008 7:14 PM CDT
Two Daredevils Climb
One is a celebrated French climber known for such stunts
- Two men scaled the
New York Times
' 52-story headquarters today within hours of each other, the
New York Post
reports. Police identified the first as Alain Robert, a French climber known as Spiderman for scaling skyscrapers with minimal equipment. He unfurled a banner reading, “Global warming kills more people...
China Lifts Ban on French Spidey
Nov 13, 2007 7:22 PM CST
China Lifts Ban on French Spidey
Daredevil returns, only months after being banned from the country
- Only a few months after China booted out French daredevil Alain Robert for illegally climbing Shangai's tallest building, the communist superpower has invited him back. Robert, known as the French Spider-Man for scaling tall structures without safety gear, was expelled for five years and spent some quality time in jail,...
Popular on Newser
'Stealth Omicron' Has Arrived in the US
Alicia Witt on Parents' Deaths: 'I Had No Idea' Heat Was Out
YouTube Bars Dan Bongino Permanently
Secrets of Playboy 's Hugh Hefner Allegations Are Graphic
Boy Who Wrote Letter About Guns and Murder Is Shot Dead
On This Day:
10 Years of Headlines
We see that you're using an ad-blocker.
To read our stories, you'll need to
turn off your ad-blocker.
As an advertising-supported site,
Newser can't exist without ads.
Turn off your ad-blocker
(for Newser only)
One last step.
You have to do this part yourself.
But you're a smartie, and we'll help you out.
1. Click on your ad-blocker icon in your browser.
(It might look like this
2. Every ad-blocker is a bit different, but look for
an option like disable, whitelist, or trust and click it.
Thanks so much.